Sonata Arctica should play their cover of "Die With Your Boots On" thread

What did it do for them? Gain new fans? Becuse of a cover? Im not sure about that. The crowd went nuts when Glenn did his thing. The mashing was just a few people and did not last...

I dont need to see Sonata play a cover. But if they have to I Want Out would be just fine...

Everyone wants to see the DVD footage of that cover.

No covers please. All the Jorn Lande covers last year started to reach a heightened level of bogosity after awhile.

The Michael
Agreed ... I don't really want to pay to see bands with their own great tunes play other bands' tunes. One now and again isn't too bad, but it makes me mad when someone passes up one their great tunes to play some old tune from another band.

Britt

I think it comes down to the band, their catalog, the set length, the environment, etc. Covers can often be the magic elixir that draws a crowd in to the rest of a set. That said, more than one cover is one too many, especially for a headliner.

Zod

Am I the only person who dosn't like the cover of "Die with your boots on?" The studio version I heard was lacking, mainly due to the absence of thundering bass a la Steve Harris.

Fade to Black would be a better song to cover since Metallica is probaly the biggest band from the States and I think this is SA's first US tour...and the cover is damn good.

IMHO Steel Prophet do the best version of this song... I even like it better than the original :oops:

IMHO Steel Prophet do the best version of this song... I even like it better than the original :oops:

Actually, I find Apoptygma Berzerk's cover to be the best but they're not metal. Also do an awesome version of Nothing Else Matters along with Depeche Mode's Break the Silence & Marilyn Manson's Coma White. Not to mention they also occasionally have their own awesome songs ;).

I may be wrong, but didn't Sonata also do a cover of Over the Hill & Far Away? I had an mp3 of it from way back on my old computer but it might have been labeled wrong. Think it was a live song.

That cover sucks! On the other hand 'Still Loving You' is a great one, hope they play that one.

IMO Sonata has no time to play covers. Even in three hours it would be a tight squeeze to fit all of their own material that I would want to hear. So in my opinion, a cover song should not even be an option. If you want to hear a Scorpions song then go see the Scorpions play, if you want a Maiden song then I would suggest seeing the powerhouse that is Maiden. But if you all would like to see Sonata Songs, well......I would suggest making a trip to Atlanta October 5th because Sonata's gonna bring the house down. :kickass: Pagan's Mind and Sonata Arctica back to back.......wake me up......I must be dreaming.