SONATA ARCTICA

Freak Kitchen at the Showcase, Sonata Arctica headlining, now all I need is Tarot on the lineup & I'll have a hat trick of the bands I've most wanted to see at PPUSA. Awesome. :)

I missed them when they played a mile away from my home as I was out of town on a 40th birthday extended bender.

If they're anywhere near as good as the show on their live DVD, we're in for a treat!

I don't believe they have ever played White Pearl, Black Oceans live. It would be WAY cool if they played it at PP. Several others mentioned this song in the other thread as being a great epic, which it is.
"Way cool" is an understatement. WPBO is one of those songs, IMO, that are simply masterpieces.:worship:

It would be the perfect song to close the show. Well, right before the Vodka Song.

This is so fucking cool. I was hoping, I really was. I had been a fan for a while, but saw SA this year and they were awesome live. It's going to be a great show.

of course that April 2007 new album must come out before their Progpower performance . Without the new Cd out...I fear this might be a boring appearance. to me anyway

come on out with the new CD !

I'd actually like to see the new album out after PP. Their last tour was killer, but there was still so much material they didn't touch on.

As far as anyone being concerned about them also doing a N. American tour in the same time frame as PP, I can only imagine that Sonata will no doubt give the PP crowd a little something extra to give it that "exclusive" feel we have all come to know and love.

I'd actually like to see the new album out after PP. Their last tour was killer, but there was still so much material they didn't touch on.

As far as anyone being concerned about them also doing a N. American tour in the same time frame as PP, I can only imagine that Sonata will no doubt give the PP crowd a little something extra to give it that "exclusive" feel we have all come to know and love.

Since Glenn had to reveal the news due to impending tour-plans getting released (S.A. notified him), there will be a tour involved, presumably of the U.S. I'm hoping that the ProgPower date is the first date on the tour, with some special stuff built in. :kickass:

I definitely want to hear Replica, Letter to Dana, the creepy stalker song The End of This Chapter and the wonderful tell off song Last Drop Falls. The first two studio albums are definitely better than the last two. The last two aren't bad though. They just don't have as many memorable songs.

Wow, very exciting news! After hearing so many people recommend these guys, I'm truly looking forward to seeing them live.

I definitely want to hear Replica, Letter to Dana, the creepy stalker song The End of This Chapter and the wonderful tell off song Last Drop Falls.

Great list, those are the songs I want to hear, too. But I'm afraid they won't because they're too "ballady"??

Most definetly. There is so much I would love to hear, but hearing anything is better than nothing at all. And, I am sure that the new album will kick ass just like everything else that they have done. I wonder if they will start their U.S. tour with Prog Power, of if it will fit somewhere in the middle of it?

Don't Say a Word is one of the best live songs I've heard. A favorite of mine from the band as well, next to Full Moon.