Sonata Arctica - guitarist to miss live dates this Spring

Sonata Arctica have hired a top class axeman for Jani's replacment during this spring: Elias Viljanen from Elias viljanen & Evil Spirit, (1 track & samples, 4 full tracks at Evil Spirit myspace) and he is also guitarist of MESS (2 full tracks, 3 clips)

Not a bad choice at all, Elias is very talented Steve Vai -influenced "fast fingers" player who can do different styles with no sweat.

...maybe I should try and see one of Sonata gigs with Elias ...hmm :err:

One can only hope that Jani is found as not being an Officer caliber candidate, otherwise, Sonata is SOOOOOOOOOO screwed. But, then again, Finland might get a major case of the stupid and deploy Jani to Afghanistan.

Or, Maybe Jani should wear a dress with fishnets and a garter wiith a thong when he shows up at induction? That should get him pushed out quick.:headbang: :lol: :lol:

ha ha ha, my second thought was, "community service in lieu of a sentence."

:lol:

Will Finland make him get a buzz cut?

Hope not.

There's some early pictures of Nightwish with both Empuu & Tuomas having short hair. It was shortly after they had finished their military service. I did some searching and nothing came up. New Nightwish site doesn't seem to have all the old images & google image search failed me attempting a few different terms.
Though I did find an awesome image of Tuomas that I had to use for a new icon.

Where are you in NY? Good to see somebody else that's big on Nightwish. Are you seeing them when they tour this fall in the US?

Where are you in NY? Good to see somebody else that's big on Nightwish. Are you seeing them when they tour this fall in the US?

About 15 minutes north of Albany. I'll probably be seeing them at the Palladium and maybe going to Philly as well. NYC tickets are too rich for my blood and I have friends in Philly to make it worth the longer trip.

About 15 minutes north of Albany. I'll probably be seeing them at the Palladium and maybe going to Philly as well. NYC tickets are too rich for my blood and I have friends in Philly to make it worth the longer trip.

I'm hearing ya.