• Poll closed .

TechnicalBarbarity

Poser Disposer
Sep 23, 2010
The Capital of Pretentiousness
Mercyful Fate - Melissa - 1983

a258090596a7424f9cb9092ecb5968e7

*Vote for your 3 least favorite songs. This round will remain open for 5 days.*

"Evil" and two other songs. Haven't decided which yet. I really dislike "Evil". It probably kept me from getting into this album for a long time.

They clearly don’t play black metal in the second wave sense, however, there are quite a few black metal bands that take an influence in sound from them, and a few that even sound a lot like them. Bewitched from Chile being a big one, and no one takes any issue with calling them a black metal band.

Whenever I refer to them genre-wise it is always "first-wave black metal". Id say just black metal, but they really dont give to the modern definition. Doesn't matter really, they helped define the era so they get thrown into the BM genre despite the musical dissimilarities.

I like every song so this one is really hard. There is no way im selecting 3 in the first round. Fuck it, Black Funeral is more like a bridge track so im taking that one out first.

Demon Bell, Black Funeral, and Curse, in that order. Every song is excellent and it might be the most consistent and well-written album in the genre.

Bugger, would be sad to see Curse of the Pharaohs drop out first up.

Reactions: CiG
i'll log in with three of my many alts (phylactery, anomander rake and dazed and brutal, let's say) to wreak havoc. don't try to out-alt me, i am the five deadly venoms, the thirty six crazy fists, the three evil masters, the five fingers of death. this is my dominion.