Song survivor - Slayer - Hell Awaits final round

Vote for the best track

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not complaining about any of that stuff.

If there ever was a goofy vocal effect on a thrash album, it's that ridiculous ogre voice in Five Magics. Awesome song, but that call & response Dave does with whatever the fuck its supposed to be during the "Hunting the abyss lord" part is terribad.

<3 Title track rules. Fuck the autists in here.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again - Kill Again’s chorus is goofy. They way he screams “HOMICIDAL MANIAC!” is comical.
The "HELL AWAITS" with the vocal effects is more goofy.
but the vocal effects on At Dawn They Sleep aren't? "freezing from inside" , "bewareee". You guys should at least be consistent with your complaints.

I think you missed the point. I'm just saying that STN is criticising one song for something a song he is praising is more guilty of.

don't know why you think you and him talking about it right here was the first time it was mentioned. I've heard plenty of you guys knock on the title track for having "vocal effect" while not mentioning it a single time when talking about At Dawn They Sleep

If there ever was a goofy vocal effect on a thrash album, it's that ridiculous ogre voice in Five Magics. Awesome song, but that call & response Dave does with whatever the fuck its supposed to be during the "Hunting the abyss lord" part is terribad.
dumbest thing ive heard. Go listen to more thrash and come back to me. And when i say thrash i'm not talking about your favorite albums like Renewal or Against ... keep that in mind.

I don't mind the goofiness at all, it wasn't me shitting on a track for it being goofy, that was STN talking about "Kill Again" and he said "the title track rules fuck the autists" or whatever and I just pointed out that "Hell Awaits" has a more goofy element than the "HOMICIDAL MANIAC!" bit so it's kinda like... why does the goofiness of one track bother you but not the other.

But yeah I don't personally use "goofy" as a negative in most cases anyway.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
I'm just saying that STN is criticising one song for something a song he is praising is more guilty of.
The HELLLLL AWWWAAAIIIITS demonic vocal effect is evil as fuck though, especially for that time, whereas “HOMICIDAL MANIAC!!” is more shreiky and forced. You’re comparing things that are totally different.

dumbest thing ive heard. Go listen to more thrash and come back to me. And when i say thrash i'm not talking about your favorite albums like Renewal or Against ... keep that in mind.
What? How could you think that stupid effect on Five Magics is any less lame than the stuff on Hell Awaits.

It's pretty lame.
ElasticQuickJaeger-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: CiG and jimmy101