Song survivor - Slayer - Hell Awaits final round

Vote for the best track

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mustaine lost the original tapes for parts of Five Magics, so he redid them and added a goofy effect for the remaster. I assume that's the part that bothers you.

Mustaine lost the original tapes for parts of Five Magics, so he redid them and added a goofy effect for the remaster. I assume that's the part that bothers you.

I just listened to this version of the song. I must be missing something, or we're talking about different parts of the song. This version also featured that retarded call & response bit I was complaining about at 4.04 - 4.42.

'mid paced' lol, thanks for proving my point. composition doesn't matter, just measure the tempo brah. that second riff is the best on the album despite being mid-paced, and that song gets pretty fast and wild at the end in any case, made all the better by the tense build up. you know what batters you over the head with facemelting riffs? RiB, aka the mainstream's slayer album of choice. leave the more intricate stuff for intellectual elites like me and, uh, y'know, people from australia, i guess.
First off i said mid-paced CASUAL riffs, which is the defining aspect of about 80% of that song. And lmao @ you saying the second riff from that song is the best on that album. You dont know much when it comes to riffs anyway, like i said you tend to favor more casual bands and songs on a whole. Are you actually comparing mainstream to popularity? Yeah RiB is one of the most well known thrash albums, but that's because people hadnt heard a combination of nonstop speed and savagery at that time so it blew up. If popularity = mainstream Rust in Peace would be Megadeths most mainstream album and that would also mean the MoP and RtL are more mainstream than the black album. News flash, Slayers(along with the other two bands i mentioned) more mid-paced and slower songs are the ones that get played on the radio. Outside of Angel of Death(and thats once in a million) you will never hear any track from Reign in Blood on a radio station, what you will hear are South of Heaven, Dead Skin Mask and even a few song from Divine Intervention ... you know, their most ACCESSIBLE songs. The ones people like you wont have a problem digesting. Is that why there are more speed and thrash songs being played on radio than the mid-pacerd normie shit you constantly wank it to? Are faster, harder to play and more complex songs being less mainstream some kind of news to you? You sure do think like a simpleton for somehow who think hes so smart. Stick to your judas priest brah.

Also the best riff on that track kicks in around the 4:40 mark.

none of the above changes that e.g. the opening riff of 'at dawn they sleep' alone is more complex and inaccessible than nearly every other riff on this album or any other slayer album, despite not being facemeltingly fast. the definition of 'out crowd' is normie/casual anyways, precisely what the in-crowd has heroically rebelled against.

none of the above changes that e.g. the opening riff of 'at dawn they sleep' alone is more complex and inaccessible than nearly every other riff on this album or any other slayer album
lmao, not sure if you're just trolling here .... but you're completely delusional if you actually think that dude.

, despite not being facemeltingly fast. the definition of 'out crowd' is normie/casual anyways, precisely what the in-crowd has heroically rebelled against.
if by out crowd you mean ozz and dak then sure. But im not a part of any crowd and never will be. And your queen "herself" also had some of the most casual and simplistic taste i've ever come across. So nah, as much as you want to believe it you guys didnt rebel against "the norm". You guys actually embraced it. I regularly listen to shit that is far more complex, technical and less accessible than anything you or your ex-queen listened to. Also the in-crowd is basically known for being high-horse douches who listen to sleep including black metal and trad metal. That is one of your signature staples. Basically the most pretentious group of people this forum has ever seen.