Song Survivor!

Well, actually out of the AYDY sessions/times the best song they've recorded is Britney Spears' Oops I Did It Again cover, the best fucking cover ever :lol:

1232222172839.jpg

:lol:

No, but seriously, eh, I used to like that cover. But the novelty has long worn off for me by now. In all seriousness, I'd wish they'd start getting back to doing serious metal covers. :p

1232222172839.jpg

:lol:

No, but seriously, eh, I used to like that cover. But the novelty has long worn off for me by now. In all seriousness, I'd wish they'd start getting back to doing serious metal covers. :p

Ha! I actually really look forward to hearing what fucked up funny stuff they're going to cover in the albums..metal covers are predictable and boring..also pop/punk/country songs give a way bigger scope for the guys to improvise and be creative,love Roope's solo on talking dirty to me,Janne on ghostriders and the ramones cover..Alexi's solos on Knuckleduster,Somebody put something in my drink and Oops I did it again..

Ha! I actually really look forward to hearing what fucked up funny stuff they're going to cover in the albums..metal covers are predictable and boring..also pop/punk/country songs give a way bigger scope for the guys to improvise and be creative,love Roope's solo on talking dirty to me,Janne on ghostriders and the ramones cover..Alexi's solos on Knuckleduster,Somebody put something in my drink and Oops I did it again..

I agree. It's generally pretty boring when a metal band covers other metal songs, with certain exception. Like with the previously mentioned example of CoB doing a band like Metallica, since they're very different. But for the most part it's still much more fun to hear them do other genres.

Knuckleduster wasn't a cover, though. :p

Ha! I actually really look forward to hearing what fucked up funny stuff they're going to cover in the albums..metal covers are predictable and boring.
That's where we disagree I guess. Because out of their covers, I love Aces High, Silent Scream, No Commands, etc, the most. Lookin' Out My Backdoor and Oops I Did It Again were funny the first few times, but humor is the only novelty they have... and it wears off after a while, at least IMO.

also pop/punk/country songs give a way bigger scope for the guys to improvise and be creative,love Roope's solo on talking dirty to me,Janne on ghostriders and the ramones cover..Alexi's solos on Knuckleduster,Somebody put something in my drink and Oops I did it again..
I feel that metal is such a diverse genre, with it's various subgenres (black metal, death metal, thrash, power, etc) that it's pretty much 100% sure that they can find a song with a large margin for creativity. For example, I'd like to see Bodom cover a song by a BM band, maybe Emperor or Burzum for example.

I love that Britney-cover, it was actually one of the first songs I heard from Bodom. Despite having listening to it a lot, it still remains funny for me and Im smiling at the latest when Alexi and Janne are having their conversation.

I think its great that they try different stuff and do covers like talk dirty to me or ghostriders in the sky. I dont mind them to cover some metalsongs every now and then but just to keep things interesting, its good they arent stuck with covering iron maiden or ozzy, etc.

I love that Britney-cover, it was actually one of the first songs I heard from Bodom. Despite having listening to it a lot, it still remains funny for me and Im smiling at the latest when Alexi and Janne are having their conversation.

I've always wondered what they are saying during that conversation that you are talking about, by any chance could you translate it for me? Also what does Janne say at like the very last second of the song? I'm quite curious! :p

I think its great that they try different stuff and do covers like talk dirty to me or ghostriders in the sky. I dont mind them to cover some metalsongs every now and then but just to keep things interesting, its good they arent stuck with covering iron maiden or ozzy, etc.

Srsly, agreed.

Knuckleduster wasn't a cover, though. :p

Really? I always just presumed it was an Alice Cooper song for some reason..
Yeah you're right, just checked scythes:music & lyrics by A. Laiho. I like that song even more now that I know it's an origional :)

The Butt said:
That's where we disagree I guess. Because out of their covers, I love Aces High, Silent Scream, No Commands, etc, the most. Lookin' Out My Backdoor and Oops I Did It Again were funny the first few times, but humor is the only novelty they have... and it wears off after a while, at least IMO.

Its about the novelty of it and to push people's perceptions about them to a certain extent but humour isn't the only thing good about those songs imo..the music is fun to listen to and the solos for example are really pretty good, clearly they want to show that they can redefine songs and make them better in most cases, and usually I end up prefering their versions to the origionals in the end.:kickass:
I agree that they could be able to find a suitable song in metal's subgenres that would be cool to cover but that wouldn't provoke half the response covering a pop/punk band would and I think they enjoy the fact that they're messing with people's perceptions of them, especially since many metal fans can be a bit close minded musically.

evening ninja said:
I've always wondered what they are saying during that conversation that you are talking about, by any chance could you translate it for me? Also what does Janne say at like the very last second of the song? I'm quite curious!

Alexi: "Hey guys, I will really go now..."
Janne: "Before you leave, look what I brought for you!"
Alexi: "Goddamn, looking good, isn't this a...?"
Janne: "Yeah yeah, sixpack yes."
Alexi: "Ohh, this wasn't necessary my friend... and besides, we are having a great time here..."
Janne: "I know, but this is for tomorrow morning!"

Something along those lines I think..

In the origional Britney has a conversation thanking some guy for getting her a diamond ring and cob just threw in their version instead.

Don't know what he says at the end though..

This thread is steering offtopic methinks.. Is it time to put up our fav from Blooddrunk yet?

Ok, so this is what they are saying (couple changes for what happilemon posted)

Alexi: "Hey guys, I will really go now ..."
Janne: "Hey, before you leave, look what I brought for you!"
Alexi: "Goddamn, looking good, but isn't this a...?"
Janne: "Yeah yeah, sixpack yes."
Alexi: "Oh, this wasn't necessary my friend... and besides, we have booze here..."
Janne: "I know, but this is for tomorrow morning!"

And Janne says something like "Its ok" in the end

No votes for Are you dead yet?!?
Ok, Trashed wins with 14 votes, second is Living dead beat with 7. (see the result on first page)
Round 6: BLOODDRUNK

I like most of the songs so I don't have a clear favorite. I'll go with DWEDFN cause this song makes much fun to play.

Agreed. Although I listened to Blooddrunk four times yesterday I couldn´t manage to decide which one´s the best, so I´m gonna choose the one I liked best when I heard the album for the first time, and that was DFEDFN.

edit: postjumped, I agreed with Arcane :)