Song Without Vocals - V-Amp 2 - EZD DFH - Hardcore Bass

ImagineAZ

New Metal Member
Sep 18, 2007
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=816875&songID=6377834

I wrote and recorded this one about a year ago when I knew absolutely nothing about recording. If I had known about this site back then, I would have studied this place for a while before, but...this is an honest representation of what I knew about home recording at the time. I may re-record the guitars, but I'll probably just use that time to work on new material.

The guitar sound is pretty plastic and flat. I used too much gain, and I used the exact same guitar preset for all the rhythm in the entire song. There are two rhythm guitar tracks, panned 50.

The lead tone is a bit spacey (a lot of delay) but that's what I was going for.

Bass - Hardcore Bass

Drums - EZD DFH

I still haven't written lyrics for it, but it's on my to-do list.

I didn't plan on ever letting anyone hear this, but since I found this site, I have realized that it's possible to make professional-sounding metal on a home computer, so I'm going to take it a bit more seriously now.

Any opinions/advice about the mix would be welcomed.

I am not a guitar player. I bought the guitar and the Behringer just for home recording. Any critique of the musicianship will be taken as an offer to re-record the guitars for me :heh:

Hmmm...

Actually, I think I was using a patch based on one called "Pantera" on my amp modeler (too much gain.) I don't think the song style is much like Pantera, but maybe the guitar tone in spots.

Thanks for listening :headbang:

I was kind of hoping that somebody would comment on the song itself, whether it's worth re-recording the guitars, how to make the guitars sound better, the drum sound, the drum programming, etc.

Any opinions?

WOW!! ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!! So when is the new album coming out? Is there an album? I don't know where the other guy is hearin' PANTERA, but it sounds original to me. Keep up the good work, dude!