Songs like these..?

blakscorpion21 said:
ummmm, u guys dont get it. he doesnt want to hear death metal, that will maek him go back to rap. he wants to hear some good hardrock/borderline metal.

with that said some good bands are
disturbed
mudvayne
shadows fall
killswitch engage- the end of heartache
tool
pantera

stuff like that.

FUck off. But before you do, lick my balls. They need cleaned.

blakscorpion21 said:
ummmm, u guys dont get it. he doesnt want to hear death metal, that will maek him go back to rap. he wants to hear some good hardrock/borderline metal.

disturbed
mudvayne
shadows fall
tool
pantera

stuff like that.

Shadows Fall and Mudvayne?:err:

kinitex said:
A new friend of mine has recently started converting me from rap to metal. So far I have found I like alot of the slower paced songs. For example...

Metallica - unforgiven 1 & 2, nothing else matters, sanitarium, no leaf clover
Shinedown - beyond the sun
Mudvayne - happy, goodbye

.... there are a bunch others but I am looking for more songs similar to the mood of these. Anyone?

Could just be guy, that unlikely as it is, you're a proto Doom metaller, waiting to be unleashed. I know, I know, you're thinking "what is the old guy talking about? What's Doom metal?". I won't even attempt to try and define Doom metal for fear of sparking another 12 page thread which will inevitably steer around to Hitler, cod-Philosophy or the merits of which obscure Viking band RuLz or SUXXXXOOOORRRRZZZZZZZ!!!!!!11111.

However.

THe following are some bands, which you may be able to buy from a local shop, or even download, if you feel like a p2p using thief:

BLACK SABBATH (The originators of metal, and slow by todays standards).
CANDLEMASS (Also slow, with a classic, epic true metal edge).
CATHEDRAL (Depending on what album you get, you might get disco-doom, grim funeral doom or modern, 4th wave doom. A great band though, to be sure).
ANATHEMA - try anything through The Silent Engima to Judgement.
MY DYING BRIDE - From doom/death to the more modern despairing doom.

I'm not saying you will like them, but if you don't, there's no end to the bog-standard rap you could always crawl back to.

:wave:

Hypocrisy - Slippin' Away, Drained, Paled Empty Sphere
Dark Tranquillity - Emptier Still
Testament - The Legacy
Rammstein - Nebel, Seemann
Dream Theater - The Silent Man

And I too recommend to you to listen to "Colossus" by Borknagar.

Thanks for the suggestions. Some were great. To give you a better idea of the stuff I am lookin for here are some other songs I found that I liked.

Breaking Benjamins - so cold
motley crew - if I die tomorrow
Metallica - until it sleeps
Rolling stones - paint it black
Pantera - cemetery gates
Mudvayne - goodbye

.... alot of people have been recommending alice in chains to me and I still haven't found anything I like from them.

Try the following (not all them are sappy ballads but):

Black Label Society - Rust
Down - Learn From My Mistake
My Dying Bride - Black God
Slayer - South of Heaven/Seasons In The Abyss

blakscorpion21 said:

disturbed
mudvayne
shadows fall
tool
pantera

stuff like that.

If he wants hardrock/radio faggotry go to a hard rock/radio faggotry forum not the Ultimate Metal forum.

And if he hasn't heard of those bands before he's blind as a fucking bat and should probably stop posting and start reading.