songs that bands need to stop covering

Agreed, but it is understandable really - these godfathers of metal are bound to have influenced a lot of today's bands....

...can't say I've heard too many Metallica covers though in comparison! :lol:

Bands should seriously stop covering Billy Idol's classics. The only good cover of a Billy Idol record I have ever heard is Rebel Yell by HIM. Also, Limp Bizkit's take on Mission Impossible was crap. Korn's cover of One by Metallica sounded shit!!

Hah hah hah... and you thought any of these bands would make good covers of other shitty bands??? Bodom did a good Billy Idol Cover though

High On Maiden said:
Let me know if you get that Emperor one recorded and online, I'd like to hear it!

I think it's a song that needs to be approached carefully though, because it would be easy to kill what makes the original so good.

Good luck with what you decide to do anyway! :)
We didn't really plan on recording it, but if we get a chance, perhaps. It's a bit tricky because of our lack of synth, but guitar parts can cover them if played right.

One of my bands in going to be doing a cover of The Trooper. It's just a tradition we have that at practice, as soon as we are tuned up, me and my guitarist play the first minute or so of the song, so we decided we should just ploay the whole song. We might or might not play it live, don't know.

My other band, we actually wanna cover a few songs. One would be Wasted Years by Maiden(which I don't think I've heard anybody cover ever), Mirror Mirror by Blind Guardian, Downfall by Bodom, The Somberlain or Where Dead Angels Lie, and if we ever get a good set time and have about 15 minutes to kill, Dante's Inferno or the Something Wicked Trilogy(Iced Earth)

There are a whole lot of Maiden covers...usually they aren't done well in comparison to how the original song sounds, most of the time.

I'd like to hear more Death covers. And I've yet to hear a single Opeth cover.