Songs That Give You Shivers

No... you forgot:

The last 3 minutes... top 5 moment in music right there.

There are a ton from Shining's discography that could fit in this thread as well.

Several tracks on In The Woods... Heart of the ages could also fit. Especially the mid point of Yearning The Seeds of a New Dimension, when everything slows down before it blasts into some AWESOME. As well as Green Carnation's epic Light of Day, Day of Darkness, which was just chilling in it's 60 minute entirety.

Couple shivery moments from Hammers of Misfortunes The Bastard, a lot in the transitions between songs (granted it is to be treated as one song). Enslaved really have that chilling effect in some of their transistional parts as well. Especially in post Monumension material.

Then you have Bathory. If you want chilling, One Road To Asa Bay, A Fine Day To Die, Shores In Flames... All extremely chilling songs. Especially more so now in this day, when it comes to the history behind the song creation, and the amount these tracks have influenced what we have now.

And then... There's Agalloch. There is not a song in the Agalloch discovery that hasn't given me the chills at one point or another. The most chilling as of yet, to me, has been the 2nd half of Our Fortress Is Burning part 2. When Haughms vocals come back after the 8 minute build up... so fucking chilling. When I saw this live, Agallochum was lit, and the song was played in it's entirety and it was easily the greatest live moment I have ever witnessed. I had never seen an audience so fucking enamored by what they were witnessing.

And Primordial's discography, of course. Especially the latter part of it. Gallows Hymn and The Coffin Ships easily top the list.

Wow, that turned into an essay.

Last edited by a moderator:
No... you forgot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=774GvRN2yKk

The last 3 minutes... top 5 moment in music right there.

There are a ton from Shining's discography that could fit in this thread as well.

Several tracks on In The Woods... Heart of the ages could also fit. Especially the mid point of Yearning The Seeds of a New Dimension, when everything slows down before it blasts into some AWESOME. As well as Green Carnation's epic Light of Day, Day of Darkness, which was just chilling in it's 60 minute entirety.

Couple shivery moments from Hammers of Misfortunes The Bastard, a lot in the transitions between songs (granted it is to be treated as one song). Enslaved really have that chilling effect in some of their transistional parts as well. Especially in post Monumension material.

Then you have Bathory. If you want chilling, One Road To Asa Bay, A Fine Day To Die, Shores In Flames... All extremely chilling songs. Especially more so now in this day, when it comes to the history behind the song creation, and the amount these tracks have influenced what we have now.

And then... There's Agalloch. There is not a song in the Agalloch discovery that hasn't given me the chills at one point or another. The most chilling as of yet, to me, has been the 2nd half of Our Fortress Is Burning part 2. When Haughms vocals come back after the 8 minute build up... so fucking chilling. When I saw this live, Agallochum was lit, and the song was played in it's entirety and it was easily the greatest live moment I have ever witnessed. I had never seen an audience so fucking enamored by what they were witnessing.

Wow, that turned into an essay.
K, thread extension granted because Warning :kickass:

A lot of the stuff on Xasthur's 'Nocturnal Poisoning' has a very eerie effect on the listener...

Malefic is still a fat emo though.

Aside from Gojira, these songs are supposed to give shivers? Snooooooooooooore

Don't worry...I'll save this thread.

Couldn't find it, but listen to Cantus Christi by Novembre off their latest album The Blue. Be humbled forever.

Hey, they are the cheesiest, fucking most awesoem band... I've seen a lot of concerts and their show was one of the best I;ve ever seen :lol: They totally just have a good time, it's more like a comedy, a concert and a theatre rolled into one!

Wow this thread is progressing fast, I'm trying to keep up, the point is to listen to other people's song and see if you like it, I mean I guess that's optional but I want to anyways and I'm getting fucked :lol:

Hmmm I think the most chilling Agalloch moments are during She Painted Fire Across the Skyline