Songs That Give You Shivers

Also: The live version of "Pushit" by Tool. Turn out the lights and put that on...major chills.

Holy shit, I love that song.

And seriously, Radiohead on the radio?! I think you guys on the west coast need to realize how fucking you guys are with radio stations and such.
I listen to the radio here literally the whole day a work and its fucking bullshit top40 ALL DAY the same 20 or so songs per station ALL DAY, and the best you get is if Rooster or Jeremy is on the playlist

Holy shit, I love that song.

And seriously, Radiohead on the radio?! I think you guys on the west coast need to realize how fucking you guys are with radio stations and such.
I listen to the radio here literally the whole day a work and its fucking bullshit top40 ALL DAY the same 20 or so songs per station ALL DAY, and the best you get is if Rooster or Jeremy is on the playlist

Really? Back when I listened to the local stations (this was probably 6-7 years ago), I heard some Radiohead songs frequently...I couldn't for the life of me tell you what they were as I didn't like them, but, yeah, they were on there.

Fuck I'm really pissed, but to be honest, while this song is good I am still not a big fan of the majority of their work, at least the stuff I've heard. Sometimes you get unlucky and just hear like 6 songs from a band that turn out to be their 6 worst, not sure if that is the case here but that song rocked anyway.
Hmm.. If I would list 6 of their worst songs (the beginning doom days not included) it would still be songs I like a lot. I don't think it's very possible to like Dissolving Bonds but not the rest, so maybe you just needed a starting point in liking them and you can move on to other stuff now :p

Cannibal Ox - Pigeon

especially Vordul's verse. dude just blacks out on some abstract street poetry shit.

Eskimo metal got shit locked in oxygen shell
Words shot plated metal lung which spun kids' carrousel
Mega alarm technoloid these boys fight four arms swinging two toes very well
Terror toys jubilated mega noise when iron works
Bullet shot animated mad windows with fireworks
Shinin' summer-time hydrants
Splash passing cars, now run ghetto tyrants
These faces carry scars (mega large)
Pigeons turn penguins talk fables cellular
Detached Christ's Word
But freeze-frame gold chain swing Son of God
Iceberg gem shines on the neck of ghetto flight bird
Getting fly like word
Let it settle
I remember cats snatched off the pedal (steal and bite days)
Doo-rags worn tight (Piranha bite ways)
Smoke cheeba through the lung Arabian camel
Fast like a cheeta now I'm knocked off my African sandal
God damn you! Ethiopian skin mechanical
Trapped in ghetto's meg-yard where mega-hard
Arms swing metal palms iron skin leopard
Holding evil metal eagle attacks the desert
Paranoid fingertips stitched with three-fifty and seven metal shit
Tucked behind the belt ghetto style like delicate street etiquette
Never lactose metal cow got milk in the gut settlin'
Cats gotta eat swallow beef horribly melanin mahogany
Black boys feed face with rap noid
Eight arms working short circuit manufactured crack melted
Slinging shot guns through the mouth of cracked helmets, black felt it
Cats who pop flows shot heavy through the nostril
Brain sizzle grab the pistol and get hostile
He caught you alone fuse blown
Unemployed screaming That's why I robbed you!
Tired of the Medicaid, deaded by the car Novocain filled with lemonade
You better get a job! mother talked, just another hawk
He nearly ate a bodega food stamp transaction
Left me in corners buckled me accompanied by evil hands clappin'
Rockin' my "hell I made it" wetsuit stitch
So I can swim in elevators crazy wet through piss
I rock my simulated air tank bit
So I can leave pressures of oxygen where my mic's lit
I'm just a pigeon

all passenger prepare the game ritual and and that riff coming in always gave me shivers, also the freaky beginning of next in line when warrel goes ahhh
pantera the sleep solo
countless cool cheesy parts in dark tranquillity songs such as the sun fired blanks chorus, format c for cortex solo

and this song started giving me shivers only when i realized its not about some girl but about his mom who died

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm.. If I would list 6 of their worst songs (the beginning doom days not included) it would still be songs I like a lot. I don't think it's very possible to like Dissolving Bonds but not the rest, so maybe you just needed a starting point in liking them and you can move on to other stuff now :p

Dissolving Bonds is awesome.

A lot of the songs on Ayreon's 01011001 are giving me some epic fucking chills.

The beginning sounds like Neal is pulling a bong then his truck breaks down.

Last edited by a moderator: