Songs you just can't stop listening to.

Alexander TG

The literate drummer
Mar 23, 2003
E. London
Visit site
You know it, you buy an album and there is always one song you repeat over and over, mainly because it so much kicks ass but also because it pisses off techno loving neighbours.

Here are mine for this week.

Weballergy (Sonata Artica) - This one has been on 24/7 -
The Words Unspoken (Andromeda)
Through Osiris eyes (Pagans Mind)
Siberian Khatru (Yes)
Accolade II (Symphony X)
Stranger in a Strange Land (Iron Maiden)
Lake Bodom (Children of Bodom)
Bullet Ride (In-Flames)

Alexander TG said:
Siberian Khatru (Yes)
Great stuff! Sadly, not one of the most well-known Yes songs...

I can hardly stop listening to Enchant´s Sinking Sand lately. I bought the new Spock's Beard album today, and the song I listen to the most is the Enchant song on the included InsideOut sampler! :tickled: (Just to prevent any misunderstandings, I like the album.)

Siberian Khatru is one of my all times faves, I was at a Yes concert the other nite and guess what the first song they played was, when Steve Howe played that first riff I almost ejaculated!!!

Demonspell said:
I also consider it one of the best Yessongs...Close To The Edge has always been one of my favorite prog albums.

I thought i was the only one who liked YES :Spin: :hotjump: In fact YES and Emerson Lake and Palmer were the first groups i knew after Classical Music and before SymphonyX, so it was easy to notice that SymphonyX are very influenced by those bands.

My favorite YES song is a tie between "Wonderous Stories" and "Roundabout" but without doubt my favorite disc is "Fragile"

right now i cannot get enough of "Spaced Out" on the Star One album..cheesy song, but apparently that's Damian Wilson doing the main vocals, and that's his finest job ever!!! (very yummy sounding i must say on that song, even would give Russ a run for his money..too bad he doesnt sound that good on the rest of the songs I've so far heard)..

let's see:
Any songs off the first 2 Boston albums
Divine Wings of Tragedy, Evolution, Awakenings- SX (well duh)
Burn, Famri Resu Bomba- Sex Machineguns
Fight the Good Fight- Triumph
Almost anything from early Journey

I've been listening to the first 4 songs from Strapping Young Lad's "City" album several times a day for at least a week.

the odyssey
the accolade
the accolade II
through the looking glass
damnation game
the edge of forever
the divine wings of tragedy
shades of grey
egypt

Death - Secret Face
Nile - Execration text.
Cynic - I'm But a Wave to...
Pain of Salvation - Used
Cryptosy - phobophile

These are mp3's i've got of these awsomme bands I've been cheacking out. which are going to be the next cd's i'll get.

Iced Earth - Stormrider (Alive in Athens)
This is great! High speed crunchy shredding, dark and moody lyrics.. perfect.

Symphony X - On the Breath of Poseidon (Live on the Edge of Forever) Ah... the phenomenal Romeo pulls off a perfect solo on this track. I can't get enough of it.

More to come later :Spin: