Masterplan - Into the Light
Symphony X - Masquerade '98
T. Iommi - Goodbye Lament
T. Iommi - Flame On
Black Sabbath - Symptom of The Universe
Dream Theater - Another Day
And I could go on forever...

Until I get hungry, in fact.:headbang:

Christ the yes fans are out in force, I would be interested to know how old you are because being 20 I feel like I'm the only one. Most people at the concert were all washed up hippies in their fifties (hey that rhymes) expect for me and me brother.

Actually we got talking to these young French birds at the end, probably the only females in the universe into prog so I asked if they had heard of Symphony X to which I got the standard reply of who? Then I mentioned they were heavy metal and I also liked Iron Maiden and they slowly backed away, damn I thought I was in there, ce la ve. For a moment there I forgot the metal was considered food of the geeks.

I'm still in my Sonata Arctica phase, listening to Ecliptica every single day. But the one song off that album that I play over and over is Kingdom for a Heart. Also I pulled out Kamelot's Fourth Legacy recently and I play "Nights of Arabia" a lot.

Alexander TG said:
Siberian Khatru is one of my all times faves, I was at a Yes concert the other nite and guess what the first song they played was, when Steve Howe played that first riff I almost ejaculated!!!
I can understand you. While "Close to the Edge" might be more perfect, "Siberian Khatru" is just soooo cool and groovy! :Spin:
By the way, about this age question... I´m 19. ;)

The entire new Led Zep DVD.

SX - On the Breath of Poseidon (live). WOW.

Dream Theater - The Glass Prison. I didn't like the new material, but this has got to be the exception. Plus they did it awesome live like 2 days ago.

Dark Moor - Somewhere in Dreams. Anyone listen to these guys? I can't be the only one! Their melodies rock my life.

This is a great thread, I'm going to check out a lot of this music!

Let's see...

Wicked - Symphony X
Children Of The War - Masterstroke (my friends' band, great song)
And the album "Sähkönsinistä Sinfoniaa" by a finnish band called Kilpi, all the songs are just great!

I have heard of dark moor and i was going to buy an album last time i was in germany, but never did. Mabey i'll have to pick one up this year. But i have heard some of their stuff before.

Way to go stormrider, It's good to know I'm not the only one in the whole world with a good taste in music at my age.

I forgot to mention my most listend to song of them all :

RUSH - MANHATTEN PROJECT/TIME STAND STILL
Yes it's true Neil Peart is in fact god!!!

Still on the Star One and Ayreon thing right now..and omg yes i am going to gush on about akashic again here now.. how many times have i asked u guys whats good in metal and it wasnt until yesterday i decided to get off my ass and give em a shot??? sigh..

1. "Serenity Painted Death" by Opeth. The first song I heard from them. And it still blows the hell out of me.

2. Every song in Iced Earth's "Tribute to The Gods", especially "God of Thunder", "Black Sabbath"(although I think Type 0 Negative's version is by far the scariest), and "Number of the Beast".

Testament-Electric crown
Inflames-Reroute to remain
Euphrosyne-Broken friend
DT-6:00
POS-Reconciliation
Symphony X-Wicked

just to name a few....

Well these are the songs I can't go more than a day without hearing as of now:

Sonata Arctica- Champaigne Bath: off their new album, the music just sounds so "arrogant", goes with the lyrics perfectly

Dream Theater- Don't Look Past Me: If anyone knows what album this song is on please tell me, my mp3 says it is off some x-mas album but I don't think it sounds like something that would come off of an x-mas album. I have looked at the back of all the DT cd's at the store and none of them have this song. It just has a great spiritual upbeat sound to it!

Dir en grey- Mazohyst of Decadence: well....not prog or heavy metal, but greay japanese rock. Not in english but reading translated lyrics tells the story of an unborn child in the womb of its mother throught the childs thoughts and emotions....they phsycotic part....the baby is being aborted....makes you think.....singer really knows how to put a phsycotic feeling into the lyrics.

Symphony X- On the Edge of Forever: Well, this being a SX board I don't really need to explain why this song is great, prob one of my fav SX songs to date!

Adagio- Order of Enlil: This is just a musical track with no lyrics, just Stephan Forte' displaying some MAD SKILLZ! He really rips out an awesom shred on this track. After hearing this song I believe he is up there with Romeo....oh and I don't think that Adagio is a ripoff of SX because they sound much more gothic with a more baroque influenced style. I hear a little, I mean very little, SX influence in some of the guitar solos but that is just that baroque sound that SX only really uses in songs like "Out of the Ashes" and "Damnation Game".

Evergrey- Your Darkest Hour: Last and definately not least, this song is my absolute fav off their newest album. The whole album is awesome and this song being my fav off of it shows why I must listen to it so much!

--"Kurenai" by X Japan.They're more power/glam metal than prog, but I love the drumlines in this song.

--"A Winter's Dream"(both parts) by Symphony X. I never took out the "Damnation Game" disc from my player in weeks because of this song.

How can you not like the drumlines of just about any X-Japan song? Yoshiki is by far the best drummer ever! I know some ppl will say there has got to be a better drummer out there, but out of all the awesome musicians in prog, a lot of great drummers, I still think Yoshiki is the best. Most prog drummers, when they drum super fast just hit the double bass drums and two or three other drums by hand. But Yoshiki hits a constant fast paste double drums while using just about every other drum on his huge set, with awesome skill and precision. There are a couple of drum solos he did in concert that where recorded and they really show his drumming skills. But just listening closely to their fast paced metal tracks like Blue Blood, Vanishing Love, Kurenai, Dahlia, Rose of Pain, and Orgasm, you can hear how precise he is even though he goes at an insane speed. I know this thread is not about this but I really hope some of you guys will really check out this band. It's not like you can't just download songs for free or anything!

Did you actually find any at those stores. Prob not but just asking. I have the Dahlia album that my friend got at a con from a vendor of japanese pop and rock music. I also got lucky and found the Live Live Live album and The Last Song single album at a local comic/anime store that usually only sells cd's that are video game music or japanese pop. They are hard to find because there are no distributers that sell them cheap. They always cost like 40-50 bucks. I still want the Blue Blood and Jealous albums though. I have like all their songs burned on cd but still must own the actual cd's.

"Your Darkest Hour" is my favorite Evergrey song... I can't make it through that album without listening to it multiple times... it's so beautiful.