Songs you just can't stop listening to.

Yeah there is something magical about the chorus to that song. I think the keyboards go really well with the chorus guitar riff and just makes the atmosphere of the chorus superb.

BTW ProgMetalFan, it is funny that just about any particular band or song I have ever mentioned on this forum that I like you reply to liking as well. I think it is cool that someone is that close to the same in my taste in music. Evergrey is obviously one of your fav bands as they are me and your fav song off the new album is the same as mine. Also, I mentioned the band Madsword in a previous thread and you where one of about only 2 or 3 to reply that you knew and liked the band. I think you even voted for the same songs as me in polls for fav SX songs. Well...I just wanna say "nice ta meet ya!".

yeah, thats cool.
But i just love the intro of the song "Heros of Sand" by Angra. One of the most beautiful moments in music history.
"End of Your Days" is my fav' from Rec' Day and one of my overal fav' songs. So powerful, heavy and is still melodic and emotional. Toms voice is so gutsy. My 2nd favourite singer after Allan.
"eyes of Medusa" there is something about this song that makes me go nuts. my fav' SyX short song. "Awakenings" is beggining to be like that lately.

Yeah the Rebirth cd is great. I always find myself wanting to listen to Nova Era. Some people might think that song sounds cheesy but I love it. The whole idea of the world starting anew and being cleansed after a time such as the one we live in today makes me feel good inside because sometimes I just have no faith whatsoever in humanity.

Wow got some X Japan fans here too! Yoshiki (Drummer) not only has drumming skills, but his piano skills are just as great. Since X Japan broke up, I found another J Metal band Sex Machineguns, now that's straight up metal, got a video of them and Paul Gilbert playing one of their songs. So any fans in Japan now? I just happen to be in Hiroshima for probably a couple of months.

Oh yeah! I meant to mention Sex Machineguns in this forum. They are totally kick ass! Just straight up Japanese speed metal. I haven't listened to them in awhile and you just reminded me I need to listen to them again its been so long. What about that vid you said you saw? Whats that all about?

It was on the Kinky Kids show in Japan (Paul is just about a regular member there) and they played Mikan no Uta. I got some of the SM video and concert DVD's back at home. and some on my laptop now.

And yes, Yoshiki's piano skills are suberb. He actually has been playing piano since like age 5, way before he picked up the drums. If you haven't heard Yoshiki is going to launch an international solo project called Violet UK soon. Its just music he has written (violins, piano, guitars, and drum loop) along with different female vocalists in each song he has gathered. Just makes me mad he won't play real drums for it. He swore he would never play drums again because he always hurt himself too much playing. He had a back problem from it and wore some weird back brace thing when playing live.

Mr. Big!!! Lol! Aren't they that honky american band that was for some reason popular in Japan? Why would they have a guitarist such as him? And I have never even heard Racer X and barely ever heard the name before. Heck in the prog metal industry their are just sooo many very talented guitarists that it is hard to keep up with them!

Yup they were a Honky Amercian band that for some reason is popular in Japan, hey just like Symphony X :) The weird thing is Mr Big was made up really technical players like Billy Shean.

symphonyXjapan said:
Yeah there is something magical about the chorus to that song. I think the keyboards go really well with the chorus guitar riff and just makes the atmosphere of the chorus superb.

YES! EXACTLY! That keyboard part during the chorus is spellbinding! I also love the piano early in the song when Tom sings "I would hold you when you're sleeping/I would guide you when you're drifting/I'll be the light you seek in your darkest hour"

symphonyXjapan said:
BTW ProgMetalFan, it is funny that just about any particular band or song I have ever mentioned on this forum that I like you reply to liking as well. I think it is cool that someone is that close to the same in my taste in music. Evergrey is obviously one of your fav bands as they are me and your fav song off the new album is the same as mine. Also, I mentioned the band Madsword in a previous thread and you where one of about only 2 or 3 to reply that you knew and liked the band. I think you even voted for the same songs as me in polls for fav SX songs. Well...I just wanna say "nice ta meet ya!".

Well thanks, symphonyXjapan. nice to meet you as well.

I'll admit to not being very familiar with X Japan... only heard a few songs of theirs

Mr. Shred-ididle said:
yeah, thats cool.
But i just love the intro of the song "Heros of Sand" by Angra. One of the most beautiful moments in music history.
"End of Your Days" is my fav' from Rec' Day and one of my overal fav' songs. So powerful, heavy and is still melodic and emotional. Toms voice is so gutsy. My 2nd favourite singer after Allan.
"eyes of Medusa" there is something about this song that makes me go nuts. my fav' SyX short song. "Awakenings" is beggining to be like that lately.

Yes! "End of Your Days" is incredible! It's my brother's favorite song from the album. I love the slight infusion of electronica. And I love when Tom screams "I'm sorry!!!!" His vocals are indeed quite gutsy, Shedder. He's definately one of my favorite singers.

"Heroes of Sand" does have a gorgeous, lush intro... that smooth guitar and Edu's soft vocals... that's what got me hooked on nu-Angra... because it was the first song I heard from "Rebirth"... which is a great album.

That is another coincidence I remember about you progmetalfan. You started a thread not too long ago about the swede band Amaran. I listened to the song sample on the link and thought they sounded quite sweet myself. Oh....what X-Japan songs have you listened to? They have a lot of piano ballads and such from later in their career and some of their older rock songs sound very american 80's ish but you have to listen to the right songs. Definately check out "Art of Life" though, I recommend at least that song to any prog fan....it is about 30 mins and is a metal song with a lot of piano and violin arrangements. The cooler part is all in English, prob their only song that is ALL english and the singer is pretty understandable.

Oh....and just by knowing who X-Japan is makes you more familiar with them than about 97% of the american population and you have even heard some of their songs as well!