Songs you want to hear power-metal covers of

RedFox742

Power/Prog Devotee
Apr 9, 2008
www.pantheracomic.com
First two on my list:

"Thriller", Michael Jackson; (how epic would this be; the vocals are already in the right register!!)

"The Time Warp," from Rocky Horror (again, vocals are already high, perfect sing-along chorus, and the tap-dance as a drum solo would be sweet.)

Go!

I honestly don't know, Never really thought about this.... but I guess there are some that I think would be interesting in power metal:

Slayer - Psychopathy red
Slayer - World Painted Blood
Slayer - Angel of Death
Metallica - The Unforgiven

That's it I guess as I said I never really thought about this

I think pop lends itself to power metal quite well as both have catchy hooks and emphasis on melody which is why you get so many pop-power metal covers (or pop-metal covers where Farthemis are concerned ;)) but Slayer's thrashyness? Would be interesting to see how that would be handled.

Well we've certainly decided to shy away from covers for this album, having dabbled with a Megadeth track last time out.

We did actually talk about doing a Journey or Toto song sometime in the future and things like "Seperate Ways", "Hold the line" and "Africa" are often heard in the PQ rehearsal room

Dio...well we did consider a cover of "All the fools sail away" but we decided in the end that it would be better for the album to include all original material.

Coincidentally, I was also hoping to get a Dio tribute band up and running this year as well....but Blood Alliance has kind of taken over my life dude I'm afraid

I'd LOVE to hear a Power Quest cover of Africa! That's one of my favorite songs of all time.

And I'd like to hear power metal covers of pretty much any 80s rock/metal song you hear played on the classic rock stations that haven't changed their playlists since 1992 :lol:

Of course! But you know me dude....can't resist chipping in! lol!

And we love that you do... and if, when you do decide to do more covers, you take someone's suggestion... awesome! :p

For what it's worth, doing a really excellent cover of a very popular song is a good way to gain new fans. ^^

I was watching the episode of Family Guy last night where Stewie makes a music video for his version of "(Everything I Do) I Do It For You" and I started imagining a faster, Power-Metal version of the song in my head. It sounded good!

So yeah, that would be interesting!

I never knew I wanted to hear a power metal version of I Kissed a Girl until I heard this:

I can't believe how Andy Xiong took a crappy pop song and made it sound so dramatic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also either Falconer or Lord Weird Slough Feg should cover this song.

I never knew I wanted to hear a power metal version of I Kissed a Girl until I heard this:

I can't believe how Andy Xiong took a crappy pop song and made it sound so dramatic.

This is exactly the sort of thing I mean; it was turned awesome without even changing the core melody. Also, even more epic:

Having just heard Rock You Like A Hurricane on the radio, and knowing that Tobias Sammet is a huge Scorpions fan, I would kill to hear Edguy do Scorpions covers.