Songs you want to hear power-metal covers of

With a couple of exceptions, the only covers I'm really into are the funny, quirky ones (see my post with the Katy Perry song, above, and my love of Beatallica). I'm sure I've heard a power metal version of Hot Stuff over the PA at gigs at the Camden Underworld. I've found a few metal versions of it on youtube and the like but I've never found the version I'm looking for.

And the only good cover version of Rock You like a Hurricane is this one:

Last edited by a moderator:
i dono if any of you ever played any of the zelda games but i LOVE the soundtrack for zelda ocarina of time and Majoras mask, would be really cool to hear any of thoose in a metal cover:D

I would like to hear a power metal cover mashup like this:

There are just too many songs that could be covered for me to list. Some Boston or ELO covers would be pro.

This one is begging to be covered by a Joe Satriani or a Steve Vai.

Ooh, I'm not sure if it's already been mentioned, but I can totally see Power Quest covering Any Way You Want It. YES.

To the OP's that mentioned it, Yngwie J. Malmsteen has already done metal covers of Thriller and Carry On Wayward Son.

As for songs I'd like to hear covered, here's some I'd like to hear some day.

Lionel Richie's Running With The Night (great bass and guitar solos)

Billy Ocean's Loverboy

Real Life's Send Me An Angel

Duran Duran's A View To A Kill

Journey's Separate Ways

Just to name 'a few'..

Of course I could always just write them myself like I did for A-Ha's Take On Me. :loco:

i would like to hear a power metal cover of The Cars - You might think

i dono if any of you ever played any of the zelda games but i LOVE the soundtrack for zelda ocarina of time and Majoras mask, would be really cool to hear any of thoose in a metal cover:D

This is what I was going to suggest but yeah you'll find many originals, like the one above, around the internet that are pretty awesome. That, and I want more CASTLEVANIA!!!

This is what I was going to suggest but yeah you'll find many originals, like the one above, around the internet that are pretty awesome. That, and I want more CASTLEVANIA!!!

That's some great piece of music, this is really my type of music

EDIT: Intro/outro kinda sounds like Neverworld intro/outro:p

As I said before, I love retro game- music, so some power metal covers of the soundtrack of zombies ate my neighbours would also rock ass!

That's some great piece of music, this is really my type of music

EDIT: Intro/outro kinda sounds like Neverworld intro/outro:p

As I said before, I love retro game- music, so some power metal covers of the soundtrack of zombies ate my neighbours would also rock ass!

Oh yeah, that would be awesome too! ZAMN had a nice soundtrack. While we're on the subject of retro gaming music, I'm surprised I haven't seen a power metal or neo classical metal cover of the Gauntlet theme. I mean it's just waiting to be METAL!

Listen from 0:00 to 1:22