songs

daulton

Jun 25, 2007
Hey girls or anybody out there. I play guitar and rhythm guitar only no solos. I've wanting to play some Iron Maiden songs for rhythm. Could you girls suggest some easy Maiden songs for rhythm guitar from Maidens self titled album up to the seventh son of a seventh son album?

Based on the ones I know how to play - for rhythm, some easy ones I would suggest...

Prowler
Running Free
Iron Maiden
The Ides Of March/Wrathchild
Another Life
The Prisoner
Run To The Hills (slightly tricky until you get the Maiden gallop down, once you can do that - you're laughing)
Where Eagles Dare
Flight Of Icarus
Powerslave
Wasted Years
Stranger In A Strange Land
The Evil That Men Do

I've never tried to play an entire maiden song.

But when looking through the guitar tabs, the easiest looking one I have seen is "can I play with madness".

The problem I have seen with maiden is that the guys (and out very own lovely gals) swap between rhythm and lead constantly, so theres no defined rhythm and no defined lead as such. All guitars play elements of lead.

I love playing the intro to "wasted years" and its very simple to learn.

I dont know how competant you are as a guitarist, I am self taught and a very poor player. But i have had some very nice comments on a cover version of Therapy? s screamager that I uploaded here.
Just learn what you can, the issue I find is a song is only as difficult as you make it. Anyone can play anything with practice.