Some of You people are seriously fucking warped in the head

I am not arguing the technical abilities of the band nor will I. Iron Maiden has always been technically proficient and displayed more talent than 90% of the bands in Metal. They're also willing to delve into topics on their tunes that the usual "sex, drugs and Rock and Roll" bands won't even touch. They're also willing to display a sense of humor that most of those same bands are too chickenshit to display (Misson from 'Arry is a perfect example).

My word is not the word of God (not yet, anyway...:p), nor will I pretend it to be. If you don't like the fact that I think that Dance of Death sucks, fine. The problem that I have is not the production of the album, or the technical abilities of the band members. The problem I have with Dance of Death is the songwriting on this album is below par for the band and repeats many ideas from previous Maiden albums (and, sadly, some of those ideas weren't very good to begin with). Technical abilities and talent in a band's members be damned...these qualities don't always make for enjoyable tunes. Given the choice, I would much rather listen to Nirvana than Yngwie Malmsteen any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I also don't believe that there is such a thing as "bad taste" in music. It's merely personal taste in music. Some may like Eminem and not Beethoven. Some may feel the opposite. Some of us like both and feel that one does not negate or invalidate the existence of the other. Remember, you can like steak and cheesecake. Which one you designate as cheesecake or steak is up to you.

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!!!???

IDEA: let's talk about the Maidens instead! (GASP)

How many shows have you been to where you wanted to strangle the lighboard guy? Raise of hands? :)

-HobbesDawg

Not many, but there has been times I've wanted to unplug the fog machine. :(

Wraithchild said:
Although, a person preferring to listen to Eminem or The Backstreet Boys over Johann Sebastian Bach is like a person preferring to drive a Yugo over a Lamborghini. :D
One is more bare bones while the other is more luxurious. Both will get you where you want to go. If the driver's happy that they're at their desired destination, it works out well for all involved.

Off topic: Personally, I wouldn't drive a Lamborghini. You can't get insurance for them and the registration fees were already ridiculous before the Car Tax was raised in California. :(