Sorry...But Yes, More POD HD Questions

dmmi

Mar 23, 2010
I've been waiting for answers from Line 6 support to no avail......posted on their questions page, and thought maybe you guys would have quicker information...(hey, this might be my Christmas gift)

I almost bought a POD HD500 today, but didn't due to lack of product information. (small manual, more information available online.....but nowhere to be found!, USB capabilities...etc.)

So here were the questions I was hoping opening the box and reading the manual would give me:

What are the I/O capabilities of the USB on POD HD500?

Are there ASIO drivers for Win 7 x64?

Can I record Dry and wet similar to POD X3?

Also the FAQ for "does POD HD support POD Farm Plugin states answer as:

A: No. POD Farm is not compatible with any of our POD HD multi effect processor devices however, Line 6 has developed a proprietary editor librarian software called POD HD Edit that is a free download and will allow you to edit your tones on your computer.

BUT, what does POD HD Edit do?, offer POD HD sounds as a vst plugin?

Possibly allow re-routing through computer DAW software to the POD HD?

Thanks for your help!
Cheers!

No support for PodFarm is the dealbreaker for me. With the amount of money you are paying, you should be getting PodFarm PLATINUM in addition to the HD rig. Just worthless in my opinion, since most people record dry signals anyway and then edit them.

That was my thoughts.....even the X3 live has POD Farm support.....but I was thinking If I could record a dry signal with it, I could use it to "re-amp" for lack of a better term....if needed.....more like "re-model"
The lack of information on these units on the website has me thinking there should be something comeing out for them.....But,
- not enough info = no money from me

But I really want one....haha

I started another somewhat related thread, but I think a new plugin release is immanent and if I'm right it would no doubt employee the new modeling etc. Obviously that's a lot of "if's."

Yep. I bet they are going to release PODFarm HD and it will be a free download for HD owners, just like PodFarm was for X3 owners.

BTW, MY HD500 is out for delivery today :)

Got it brand new for cheap, so if i hate it....ill still break even

Right now, i can anwser 1 of your questions. The HD EDIT just allows you to tweak the HD settings from your computer, instead of using the small display on the unit. It looks like PodFarm or gearbox, but is not a VST.

All of it reads on the Line 6 website, and it literally took me 3 minutes to find it all. http://line6.com/podhd/

flexibility-head.jpg

POD HD500 EDIT v1.00 is a FREE Editor/Librarian which allows you to edit and save presets using your POD HD500 connected to a computer.

Drivers

Version 4.1.1.7
Released 9/30/10

This driver includes the following:

* Support for POD HD300, POD HD400 and POD HD500 devices
* Improvements to WDM audio for Intel Core i3,i5,i7 systems

^^^
This literally does not mention anything about ASIO, I/O capabilities, x64, VST

I found that in a couple minutes too....But thanks for your help

^^^
Thanks....but should have changed punctuation to ASIO I/O Capabilities....not "ASIO, I/O Capabilities"

And VST is a shame, but I'll cross my fingers and hope it will support new POD Farm.....has this been the trend in the past with line 6?

If anyone can find detailed USB specs, that would be great......and/or has anyone had success with said USB connection, drivers for Win 7 x64?

Thanks!

^^^
This literally does not mention anything about ASIO, I/O capabilities, x64, VST

Yes it does. What do you think the driver is? It's the ASIO drivers. And it works under Windows 7, like it reads up there and on the website. If you look at the picture, you see the IO and they are also listed in the website. Losing Reality answered your question about the VST thing. And rest and all of the stuff is answered in the manual(s): http://line6.com/support/manuals/?families=64&submit=Submit&1st=1st

:mad:

EDIT: and the usb i/o is 2 in 2 out. like it reads in the manual, that you should've read.

Thanks for the link to the advanced guide....I don't understand why the line 6 site wasn't directing me to that page...maybe it's chrome..but that is what the manual in the box references..."The advanced guide"..thanks again.