Sorry to bother you,fellow guitarists,but...

First what is pinky? :D

Secondly: I advice u for-will-dricve-devil to work on the strenth of your picking, and of the strenth of holding the string undrr your fingertip, it have to be stronger, a lot :D

And about holding the pick, I usually use two technicues, if Im playing chords, simple sevens or sth, I strike as hard as I can, and it doesnt matter how do u hold your pick. If Im playing some solos, that must be played quickly I keep the pick paraller to the srtings, I dont keep them to deep into the strings and always try to do as short move of it to pick the string as I can. But I dont forget the full strike.

Thats how I pick, but it still suck, I mean my strike still suck, Ill record some stuff to show u some thingz.

Hé hé, I think it was about the first few days I had this part in mind... At least I hope, cuz' it really sounds bad :lol:
(It's funny when I pick the wrong string, a big low sound in the middle amongst all the other notes, hahaha ! :lol: )
M'kay Bodomic ! I think my fingers were still very weak, and not precise... Practice, practice, practice... hé !

Pinky is the name of the 5th finger, that little, thin, weak finger, which never push the string enough, and which never is where you want it to be !
I don't remember what's the english for the other fingers... Maybe the "ring finger" for the fourth... "Pointing finger" for thr first...

Originally posted by Stygian Apothegm
speed will come with time. if you play it fast but fuck it up all the time that will get you know where. just try playing it as accurately as possible, your fingers will automatically know where to go next and eventually you'll be able to go faster and faster. you can't rush through this. ive been practicing one part in kissing the shadows for a long time now.. the part where it's sextuplet 3 string sweeps. it's been a while now and i can say that i can play it better than before. with more practice i know i can eventually get up to alexi's speed.

and that's how i got to play Bach's Fugue in D minor fast as hell! :lol:

Originally posted by Wookiss
Here are my recordings...

http://www.wookiss.republika.pl/pliki/aces.mp3
http://www.wookiss.republika.pl/pliki/artifacts.mp3
http://www.wookiss.republika.pl/pliki/bodom.mp3

Not to good quality but something at least (i don't have too much web space :) )

Aces.mp3 is a cover of Iron Maiden song - Aces High
Artifacts.mp3 is a cover of In Flames song - Artifacts Of The Black Rain
Ehhh one more thing: strings used in these recordings are about year old so they sound very shitty in higher positions (solos). I used normal E tunning on guitar.

Cool there, Stygian Apotherm has an awesome right. ALways try to learn by hard the paths through youll be passing. Your fingers wuold go there where they should automaticly.

I often try to lean sth in a way, that I will be albe to say sth during playing it, since I dont sing, when im playing on my axe nothin' crushes my focus.

hey guys...lol ive been playing for about 5 years and I cant even play a solo from CoB?

Im curious, when you learn a solo, for a beginner, how do you go about learning solos? get a tab? or do you try and learn it by ear, for some reason that seems exceedingly hard to me...

just curious how begininers go about learning solos...

@wookiss you are my god :D pretty cool man....liked Aces High!

Nice there cowy boy. Anyway if I want to play a solo, I must have tab, cuz Im to short to play it by ear. I learn by hard the notes and than Im staring to play. Never in the other way. Noite by note to your head, that playing it

Originally posted by Final_Vision
@wookiss you are my god :D pretty cool man....liked Aces High!

Aces High aren't really hard to play, but they sound very cool.

When i first heard some of the covers that Children Of Bodom played I first thought that they should make Aces High cover (solo in that song fitted very much for Alexi kind of playing), and finally they made it, and the solo is way better, faster, furious than the original. That Rooooocks!

I learn solos from the tabs (when something doesn't fit in my opinion i change it) because i'm a sluggard. First i learn all the notes, precisely arrange my fingers on the fretboard so i can play it most easily and precise. You should practice solo in really slow tempo (hundred of times - so you can play it and watch tv at the same time :p. Fingers should travel by "them self" on the fretboard so that you shouldn't think like "ohhh the next note is this, and another is this, and then i should arrange my fingers like this") , and then increase the tempo and give it a try. But if in the faster tempo u are beggining to lose the notes, go back to slower tempo.
Something like that :)

I've got a idea. Mayby we could arrange something like this:

We pick one song from the Children Of Bodom, and try to make a cover of it. We vote for the song and guyz ho want to make a cover of it say it on the board. We give some term (week, month, year or something else). After that time each person who made a cover places it on the board and then we can listen to them and say how does they sound. Person who makes a cover should write what instrument he plays in the song (guitar, bass, synths).

Ehhhh.... hmmm...... i don't know if this is a good idea