Sorskogen - Mordet I Grottan

I saw the post so I thought I would write in since no-one else did.

The translation of the title is "murder in the cave". It is the story of a murder that happened in a cave outside of Stockholm in the town of Sorskögen, where Mike grew up. Mike took me there and I took pictures of the place. The village is very small just north of Stockholm if memory serves correctly. The song is the story of a murder that happened there in 91 or 92. Since murder there is rare there, or at least then it was, it was major news. It was recorded by Mike and Dan Swanö at Dan's studio. They even did a video of it.

Until tonight, I thought I had one of the only copies, other than Dan and Mike's. Dan gave it to me several years ago, and as promised to Dan and Mike, I never gave it out to anyone. Opeth played the set from hell on the opening night of the Progressive Nation tour in L.A. with Dream Theatre. Opeth Killed.

The new CD entitled Watershed is phenomenal. Axenrot's girlfriend did a guest vocal spot on the opening track and if you like the more prog side of Opeth, you are gonna love this CD. The new guitarist Fredrik (the ex guitarist from Arch Enemy) fills Peter's shoes quite well and Per has alot more keyboard work on the new one. Peter is gone but not forgotten and definitely missed.

If you are wondering who the fuck I am with this info ... I am the one that did the vocals and bass on the Green Manalishi cover tune that Mike and Dan Swanö did in '99 at the Sanctuary in Örebro Sweden. I also co-wrote some of the material on the Nightingale "I" CD with Dan. If anyone has a copy of the Green Manalishi cover, please let me know. I can't get to my copies and I would like to have it.

Cheers to all.

Shayne

I saw the post so I thought I would write in since no-one else did.

The translation of the title is "murder in the cave". It is the story of a murder that happened in a cave outside of Stockholm in the town of Sorskögen, where Mike grew up. Mike took me there and I took pictures of the place. The village is very small just north of Stockholm if memory serves correctly. The song is the story of a murder that happened there in 91 or 92. Since murder there is rare there, or at least then it was, it was major news. It was recorded by Mike and Dan Swanö at Dan's studio. They even did a video of it.

Until tonight, I thought I had one of the only copies, other than Dan and Mike's. Dan gave it to me several years ago, and as promised to Dan and Mike, I never gave it out to anyone. Opeth played the set from hell on the opening night of the Progressive Nation tour in L.A. with Dream Theatre. Opeth Killed.

The new CD entitled Watershed is phenomenal. Axenrot's girlfriend did a guest vocal spot on the opening track and if you like the more prog side of Opeth, you are gonna love this CD. The new guitarist Fredrik (the ex guitarist from Arch Enemy) fills Peter's shoes quite well and Per has alot more keyboard work on the new one. Peter is gone but not forgotten and definitely missed.

If you are wondering who the fuck I am with this info ... I am the one that did the vocals and bass on the Green Manalishi cover tune that Mike and Dan Swanö did in '99 at the Sanctuary in Örebro Sweden. I also co-wrote some of the material on the Nightingale "I" CD with Dan. If anyone has a copy of the Green Manalishi cover, please let me know. I can't get to my copies and I would like to have it.

Cheers to all.

Shayne

I have the Schecht+akerfeldt+swano - the green manalishi one off goof from 1998 (it's pretty cool). I like the vocals!

Send me a private message!

Hi Shayne,

Visit the swano forum and you can get a lot of goodies, including your green manalishi cover. Good to see you here :)