(sorta) new titanium track (sorta)

TinMan666

Apr 13, 2001
Melbourne
www.tintitaniumarchives.com
(Please forgive the spam ;) )

So here's the story. Way back in 1999 I had a band called Titanium that brought out two 3 track CDs, did a few gigs and probably should have taken over the world except that I got sick and then certain other members got lazy and then we broke up.

One of our best songs which never made it to the CD (we were saving it for the album, which never got recorded) was called Eyes In Darkness.

SO although we never did a studio recording of this one, we did have a live & instrumental version that I recorded at band practice one day. And now my good friend Wade Saliba of the band Xistance has somehow gotten a hold of this recording, remixed it, and added vocals courtesy of Christine Cestnik (also of Xistance) - and the result is Titanium Vs Xistance: Eyes In Darkness

Check it out if you're interested. Thanks :D

oh - MP3.com.au seems to be screwing up, so keep trying if that link doesn't work straight away.

Oh, it's a big song. I like big songs because when I complain about how long they take to download it makes spawn angry :)

12 Meg in 30 seconds! I thought I had broadband. Bah.

Listening to it now. So far, it's going to have to take a couple of listens. That's mainly because I've started and stopped it a few times already.

Why don't I shut up and go and listen to it properly and come back when I have something sensible to say. Yes, why don't you? Fine, I will.

Dave, is Dean playing on that? I'm assuming he is.

Righto. I've listened to it three times now. It's taken me a bit to really get my head around it. Here's what I think.

It's a great song, although it's possibly a bit too long. I'm not sure about that though. It doesn't seem to do much after about the 7-8 minute mark. It sounds like it's long for the sake of being long. Sorta. Like I say, I'm not sure about it. I'll listen to it again later.

I'm also not sure about the singer. On this song, she's just not there for mine. I think it's much harder for a woman to sing over this sort of music than for a man. She's certainly competent (more on this later), and definately improves through the song, but for mine a woman has to be spot on. For some reason, a man has more leeway. I don't know why that is. Call me sexist or something. That said, I'd rather hear a woman singing on it than a man.

However, I do like the whole "darkwave" kinda feel that's going through it. I seem to be getting more and more into that as I go along. My minor gripes are probably only because it wasn't a "real" recording.

And now the "more on this later" part. While I was there, I also checked out the Xistance stuff. That stuff is great, and Christine is awesome on it. It's that darkwave fusion thing again. I'm buying that CD when I get an income again. :headbang:

oooh :)

glad to hear you liked the Xistance stuff. I actually think that album has some of my best lead guitar work on it... although to be honest there's a couple of bits where I always think "hmmm.. why didn't I go back and fix that?" - but then again I'll probably have those moments on everything I ever record.

TinMan666 said:
well, it IS a dual rectifier - so yes ;)
but yours is the combo right? :err:

sounds different from the head, i played the head at a school gig last year:headbang: it overshadowed all the other band members including me on bass :(

i wanna get either the solo or duel rectifier, as they are both so awesome :worship:

phlogiston said:
I'm also not sure about the singer. On this song, she's just not there for mine. I think it's much harder for a woman to sing over this sort of music than for a man. She's certainly competent (more on this later), and definately improves through the song, but for mine a woman has to be spot on. For some reason, a man has more leeway. I don't know why that is. Call me sexist or something. That said, I'd rather hear a woman singing on it than a man.
i think its because a guy can kinda grunt whilst most female voices are refined.

MetalMeshuggahMan said:
but yours is the combo right? :err:

sounds different from the head, i played the head at a school gig last year:headbang: it overshadowed all the other band members including me on bass :(

i wanna get either the solo or duel rectifier, as they are both so awesome :worship:
yep mine is the 2x12 combo.

potentially it's for sale if you offer me an obscene amount of money for it.