Jun 12, 2007
Great Lakes
First of all the Chicago concert was awesome! The setlist was:

Valhall awaits me
Runes to my Memory
Death In Fire
Cry of the Blackbirds
Persuit of Vikings

As I got off the L train with my friend, we saw two burly looking men walking on the other side of the street. We recogniged them and it was in fact Johan Hegg and Ted! We talked to them alittle and were in awe! When we got into the Congress, we saw Johan S. standing on the side by the front of the stage. We walked over and said hi. After the last note of Persuit, Olvi, who had been watching me the whole show since I was right in the front, threw out his pick and I caught it. Seeing AA was an amazing experience and I can't wait for the Headline tour.

Would you say it was worth it. I was going to go to the Toronto show. I really wanted to see AA, but with most of the bands I don't want to see I didn't think it would be worth it. Chimaira would have been cool and shadows Fall but seeing AA only play 5 songs it turned me off

It was definately worth it. Meeting Johan and Ted on the street. Getting Olvi's pick, hearing an amazing show. Sure it was only five songs, but the energy was so intense and the songs were so percise that it made up for the length.

Would you say it was worth it. I was going to go to the Toronto show. I really wanted to see AA, but with most of the bands I don't want to see I didn't think it would be worth it. Chimaira would have been cool and shadows Fall but seeing AA only play 5 songs it turned me off

The sound for their set was REALLY good in Toronto. Usually the sound at the Kool Haus is crap. It would've been worth it to see them. But I suppose you can see them soon enough.

I only saw AA and Gwar...