The "Last Night Fuckin Rocked and/or Sweet, I'm going to the Show!" thread.

From my experience, 'Show Starts' is roughly when the first band takes the stage. If I remember correctly, Sanctity started a bit earlier then the advertised time. Yeah, the set was a bit short, which is why I hope the next time I see AA, they are headlining like they should be ;)

Last night in DC we got an 8 song set... No '1000 Years' or 'With Oden...'

Ted's bass rig wasn't working properly before AA came on, and it appeared to delay them by at least 5 minutes. Johan's mike was totally fucked up for the first two songs, constantly cutting out on him. Olavi's guitar was cutting in and out during the first two songs as well.

I was a little disappointed, but when everything was working, AA was kicking ass... Hopefully they'll have better luck next time with their equipment.

~Tim~

Worcester was sick. AA really get the crowd going. I didn't stay for COB but I seriously doubt they were as intense as AA. Hopefully AA can headline the US soon and we can get a full set. :headbang:

Sweet jesus Amon Amarth rocked. I saw them in Salt Lake City, Utah last November, but I wasn't familiar with them and I was a little late. I had a whole year to become a huge fan, and god damn were they awesome. I wasn't as impressed with CoB, Alexi Laiho kind of reminded me of one of those teenage metal fans that feel the need to use "fuck" whenever possible.

Worcester was sick. AA really get the crowd going. I didn't stay for COB but I seriously doubt they were as intense as AA. Hopefully AA can headline the US soon and we can get a full set. :headbang:

AA put on a amazing show and i would definitely say the place was about to fall down. haha, the palladium always is fun. the only thing that COB did better was they were louder.

Just got back from AA in NYC. The show was beyond intense, and I have to personally thank whoever picked my drunk ass off the floor when the pit started for Death In Fire. No Thousand Years of Opression, but what can you do. It was an awesome show.

I also just got back from the Nokia Theater NYC show. AA fucking killed. Absolutely brutal and awesome. I'm not a big CoB fan by any means, I hardly now any of their stuff, but they were real good live I must say.

I also just got back from the Nokia Theater NYC show. AA fucking killed. Absolutely brutal and awesome. I'm not a big CoB fan by any means, I hardly now any of their stuff, but they were real good live I must say.

Ok, here we go...............

Sanctity: no thanks

Gojira: French Cannibal Corpse, not bad actually

AA: awesome as usual but I felt they not only got seriously ripped as far as number of songs but wtf was the flashing of the CoB lights during their last song???

I was a little bummed they didn't hang afterwards but what ya gonna do, it was cool however to see Ragnaroksprophet again.

CoB: didnt even bother, I personally think they suck.

Anyone remember the exact setlist? Wanna make sure I have it right for when I write up my show review. I remember:

Valhalla Awaits Me
Runes to My Memory
Death in Fire
Fate of Norns
Asator
Pursuit of Vikings

I feel like I'm forgetting one or two though.

Anyone remember the exact setlist? Wanna make sure I have it right for when I write up my show review. I remember:

Valhalla Awaits Me
Runes to My Memory
Death in Fire
Fate of Norns
Asator
Pursuit of Vikings

I feel like I'm forgetting one or two though.

Ancient Sign of Coming Storm

Sigh yep i didn't get my Thousand years but i'm kind of glad i didn't cause i wouldn't of been able to enjoy it. For one thing the guitars were not tuned loud enough, might of been because i was right up front but i couldn't hear as well. and like Tomasz said with the other shows. THESE FUCKIN KIDDIES!! FUCK YOU EMO PUSSY LOOKIN 12-15 YEAR OLD FUCKS!! YOU RUIN THE GOD DAMN SHOW WITH YOUR FUCKIN CROWD SURFIN AND CRASHIN THE FRONT! I swear to god i wanted to kill everyone with the tight shirts and and the fuckin short fuckin emo hair. AND ALSO YOU DON'T WEAR A FUCKIN KEYBOARD BELT TO A FUCKIN SHOW LIKE THIS. but i blame COB. For AA's headliner here hopefully this year. There will be actuall VIKINGS there and no one dressed like a pussy. I appologize to actuall 12-15 year olds that are not emo but you guys should know wut i mean.

lets get one thing straight.
AMON AMARTH IS NOT EMO!!
VIKINGS ARE NOT EMO!!!

Also, I was gettin crushed up front like hell. WTF was up with that. How could i enjoy the show when i'm up against the barracade with my legs bent like this / AND I BLAME ALL THE EMO KIDDIE FUCKS. sigh i seriously hope it's not like this for AA's headliner. I mean common fuckin sense if there's no space up front don't fuckin push to get to the damn barracade or if u want the fuckin front GET THERE EARLY LIKE THE REST OF US. I know this will never change but it's the first time a concert i really was lookin foward to i couldn't enjoy as much as i wanted to. but w.e AA still def kicked ass. and i'm sure if 1000 years was done. I would have got the adreniline to get up for it.

and to AA. If you read this.
I know you guys are good friends with COB now cause of these 2 tours.

But please

NEVER TOUR WITH THEM AGAIN!!!!!

i love you guys but when you tour with COB you bring the ANNOYING TRIVIUM/EMO KIDS WHO ARE NOT METAL.

other then that

cya guys next time

-end of viking rant-

you had your chances to see AA in the past 5 years, it was deffienietely
more up close and personal back then and you didn't have to deal with all the fuckin' stupid trendy ass kids that as you said aren't even metalheads,

now the band is turning the corner and you will most likely be surrounded by even more trendy morons at live shows as the band will most likely only play bigger shows/tours

I wish I could go back in time and see their Marduk tour again , as they had set as long as they wished (except for fuckin' tampa) and played good old tunes

fuck i'm getting old, I think I'll retire soon

Sigh yep i didn't get my Thousand years but i'm kind of glad i didn't cause i wouldn't of been able to enjoy it. For one thing the guitars were not tuned loud enough, might of been because i was right up front but i couldn't hear as well. and like Tomasz said with the other shows. THESE FUCKIN KIDDIES!! FUCK YOU EMO PUSSY LOOKIN 12-15 YEAR OLD FUCKS!! YOU RUIN THE GOD DAMN SHOW WITH YOUR FUCKIN CROWD SURFIN AND CRASHIN THE FRONT! I swear to god i wanted to kill everyone with the tight shirts and and the fuckin short fuckin emo hair. AND ALSO YOU DON'T WEAR A FUCKIN KEYBOARD BELT TO A FUCKIN SHOW LIKE THIS. but i blame COB. For AA's headliner here hopefully this year. There will be actuall VIKINGS there and no one dressed like a pussy. I appologize to actuall 12-15 year olds that are not emo but you guys should know wut i mean.

lets get one thing straight.
AMON AMARTH IS NOT EMO!!
VIKINGS ARE NOT EMO!!!

Also, I was gettin crushed up front like hell. WTF was up with that. How could i enjoy the show when i'm up against the barracade with my legs bent like this / AND I BLAME ALL THE EMO KIDDIE FUCKS. sigh i seriously hope it's not like this for AA's headliner. I mean common fuckin sense if there's no space up front don't fuckin push to get to the damn barracade or if u want the fuckin front GET THERE EARLY LIKE THE REST OF US. I know this will never change but it's the first time a concert i really was lookin foward to i couldn't enjoy as much as i wanted to. but w.e AA still def kicked ass. and i'm sure if 1000 years was done. I would have got the adreniline to get up for it.

and to AA. If you read this.
I know you guys are good friends with COB now cause of these 2 tours.

But please

NEVER TOUR WITH THEM AGAIN!!!!!

i love you guys but when you tour with COB you bring the ANNOYING TRIVIUM/EMO KIDS WHO ARE NOT METAL.

other then that

cya guys next time

-end of viking rant-

I didn't think the lawrence show was that bad with the emo kids. I mean there was a handful of them. but the metalheads outweighed them.

My only concern about the trendy kids is hoping that none of them sue the band or the venue when I accidentally squish them. I rarely try to hurt anyone in a pit, but when two people collide, and one's twice the size of the other... it's gonna hurt.