The "Last Night Fuckin Rocked and/or Sweet, I'm going to the Show!" thread.

How old did I feel at the show last night? When I walked into the Nokia Theater, they asked me "Are you with the media?" What the fuck does that mean? How old do I look? Damn.

just come back from first montreal show.
here too there had plenty of emo kids >< just felt like smashing their face.. but thats COB's fans.
first band of the night is Sanctity, was... dunno.. didnt liked them really much but there had a few pits. next was gojira and it was just boring IMO. i was trying all along to sneak in front - yes, guilty- got the the 4th rank maybe than i just came backer because i couldnt breath. THEN AA enter the stage at last, it was just amazing! there had pits for each songs, and a little everywhere in the crowd. ppl were responding, i saw many with AA's t-shirt even if the majority were in COB's. AND THEY PLAYED 1000YEARS!!!!!! when it started there had a huge mushpit in the center it was dangerous lol All along i was yelling the lyrics (its the only song i know all by hearth) so now i have no more voice and my neck is broken. it was simply beautiful, amazing.
and of course they hadnt got enough time, they should have stayed longer!
i also heard that sanctity or gojira finished their set too fast and that manager or any one person like that were asking them to begin early. i think thats what gave them the oportunity to play 1000 years.
At The Pursuit Of Vikings, they marked a pause for the crowd to sing
Oden! Guide our ships
Our Axes, spears and swords
Guide us through storms that whip
And in brutal war

a few times. and it was loud. it was awesome ^^

they didnt played enough IMO and i think it was the opinion of many. when they finished, i stood by the merch guy to wait to see if Johan would come out. he didnt :'(
so thought, maybe they gone out in a bar : Foufounes électriques where they played once in Marduk tour i think. but i wasnt there then. anyway, the place was empty, no vikings shape in there. i took a shooter and got back. i was heading for the metro station which is just beside the Metropolis and looked the back of the building out of curiosity if i would see any of AA members.. Actually, a big form was coming my way, very intimidating, tall and all... he passed by me but i recognized his beard lol Johan!! =D
So Tyra, as it seems your grandmother and me share the same first name haha!! :D
Johan seems very great, but then i didnt wanted to bother him any longer, didnt asked him to sign my Versus the world and With Oden.. albums.

Ohh, AA if youre reading this, PLEASE!!! Bring more DVDs for each shows >< i bought a longsleeves tour t-shirt that cost 40$ and then i had only 55$ on me.. i so badly wanted to buy the dvd (20$) but i only had 15$ remaining *damnit* and they all sold out.

all in all, it was a very great show. cant wait now to see them as headliners!

lol that i dont know lol he just smiled and told me "my grandmother's name is *beep* too " :D
he really looks great, i tried to speak swedish but as i never heard swedish pronounciation it wasnt great lol funny nonetheless ^^

:lol: Really?? Or his grandmother on his mom's side? Doesn't matter, it's still funny!!:lol:

Yeah on my mom's side ;)

On another note, I tried to make it out to the merch but it was pretty much impossible. It was too packed, and when I tried to go around from the outside, Bodom just finished up so it was almost impossible to go that way also...

Yeah on my mom's side ;)

On another note, I tried to make it out to the merch but it was pretty much impossible. It was too packed, and when I tried to go around from the outside, Bodom just finished up so it was almost impossible to go that way also...
dude i met you at the denys next to the wiltern! i was the guy with the arm brace and my friend had the jew fro. thats probably the best way to single out ourselves from everyone else at that show :lol:

just come back from first montreal show.
here too there had plenty of emo kids >< just felt like smashing their face.. but thats COB's fans.
first band of the night is Sanctity, was... dunno.. didnt liked them really much but there had a few pits. next was gojira and it was just boring IMO. i was trying all along to sneak in front - yes, guilty- got the the 4th rank maybe than i just came backer because i couldnt breath. THEN AA enter the stage at last, it was just amazing! there had pits for each songs, and a little everywhere in the crowd. ppl were responding, i saw many with AA's t-shirt even if the majority were in COB's. AND THEY PLAYED 1000YEARS!!!!!! when it started there had a huge mushpit in the center it was dangerous lol All along i was yelling the lyrics (its the only song i know all by hearth) so now i have no more voice and my neck is broken. it was simply beautiful, amazing.
and of course they hadnt got enough time, they should have stayed longer!
i also heard that sanctity or gojira finished their set too fast and that manager or any one person like that were asking them to begin early. i think thats what gave them the oportunity to play 1000 years.
At The Pursuit Of Vikings, they marked a pause for the crowd to sing
Oden! Guide our ships
Our Axes, spears and swords
Guide us through storms that whip
And in brutal war

a few times. and it was loud. it was awesome ^^

they didnt played enough IMO and i think it was the opinion of many. when they finished, i stood by the merch guy to wait to see if Johan would come out. he didnt :'(
so thought, maybe they gone out in a bar : Foufounes électriques where they played once in Marduk tour i think. but i wasnt there then. anyway, the place was empty, no vikings shape in there. i took a shooter and got back. i was heading for the metro station which is just beside the Metropolis and looked the back of the building out of curiosity if i would see any of AA members.. Actually, a big form was coming my way, very intimidating, tall and all... he passed by me but i recognized his beard lol Johan!! =D
So Tyra, as it seems your grandmother and me share the same first name haha!! :D
Johan seems very great, but then i didnt wanted to bother him any longer, didnt asked him to sign my Versus the world and With Oden.. albums.

Ohh, AA if youre reading this, PLEASE!!! Bring more DVDs for each shows >< i bought a longsleeves tour t-shirt that cost 40$ and then i had only 55$ on me.. i so badly wanted to buy the dvd (20$) but i only had 15$ remaining *damnit* and they all sold out.

all in all, it was a very great show. cant wait now to see them as headliners!

this just shows how unfair it was. Same 4 bands. same sets but AA gets an extra song THIS TIME AROUND. like i said DALLAS, LOS ANGELES, SAN DIEGO, and now MONTREAL?!?! AFTER THEY SNUBBED NEW YORK?!?!?! unbelieveable. was COB's set the same? cause if it was the fact AA could not get there extra song here is inexcusable. I'm just mad after seein this. I mean yeah i didn't have as good as a time as I would of maybe if 1000 years was played. It also didn't help that i lost my 2005 AA North American Tour Shirt!! but w.e i'm still young, i'm only 22 so i shouldn't really be complaining. Tomasz you sound old dude. another reason i shouldn't be complaining cause i am no where near ur age yet. oh well i hope for a AA headliner back here in the summer.

You call them emo kids, i call them targets. Most of them stay out of my way though when they see a 6'5 230lb dude with a viking helmet on. \m/ Last big band i saw was Arch Enemy/Megadeth/Soulfly and the backup was some emo band called caliban, i still enjoyed it despite (Not caliban or the emo kids). As you can imagine, the metalheads outnumbered them by atleast 20:1. Slightly OT, ohh well.

I wish I could go back in time and see their Marduk tour again , as they had set as long as they wished (except for fuckin' tampa) and played good old tunes

fuck i'm getting old, I think I'll retire soon
Hell yeah, that was the first time I saw them. Great set, I still remember the floor shaking during the March.

But yeah, NYC was fucking awesome. I didn't notice a huge number of emo kids (except the one ass in the balloon pants or whatever the fuck it was) so whatever. I lost my voice from singing/screaming so much and my neck is still sore. I counted 8 songs total I think. Bought all three shirts too. :headbang: Wanted the hoody but only had so much cash to drop on it and the shirts are good all year round.

Kinda sucks they didn't play anything from before Vs the World though. 8 songs, they could throw in at least one older song.

I vote if Amon Amarth come to North America again soon that they don't come during exam time! I missed both Montreal shows and can't make the Quebec show *sniffle sniffle*

On the bright side I made it to the two shows last year with CoB. And while we're at it, AA headlining Montreal next time imo.

Valhall Awaits
Runes to my memory
death in fire
asator
fate of norns
cry of the black birds
anciet sign of coming storm
pursuit of vikings
I believe thats all they played, it was a fuckin awsome show

yes they were headlining, but i dont know what songs they played, i wasnt there, i met a guy at the first night in montreal that was going to quebec city, he told me AA played 1h40 and that the merch got to a whole more reasonable price... like cut in half the price you payed your stuff.. its more or less how much it costed in QCity o_O

i know im desecrating this entombed thread, that friend of mine that went to the AA show in Quebec sent me that link. the critic is in french so sorry for non french :p

MetalUniverse - Dossiers Spéciaux

basically, the setlist is :
Intro Valhall awaits me
Runes to my memory
Death in Fire
Fate of norns
1000 years of oppression
With oden on your side
Asator
An ancient sign of coming storm
Cry of the black birds
Last with pagan blood
Once sent from the golden hall
God of war arise
Pursuit of vikings
Versus the world
Victorious March

why... why was i working that night...............................................