Sound quality of EoR

Aug 15, 2001
I just got my disc in today and couldn't wait to get in my truck and hear it only to be SHOCKED as to how bad it sounds!!

How drunk do you have to be to think that this is a quality recording? :erk:

A big step backwards for Nevermore in my opinion especially when people are at home using their computers to improve the sound! WTF

Bile and Semen said:
Good job you cock sucking idiot. Go fuck your moms rotting corpse.

You better fucking join me.
I want my mom recieving pleasure from beyond the grave, so we got to give her some fucking DVDA action.
Get your parents to join in!

passenger 57 said:

Man, everyone is so complentary of your work, wish I could hear it, but I don't have aim, or any kind of instant messing. I have to review this, and I don't think I have the heart to do it. I know the music is in there, I know it is. It's just that fucking funeral shroud around it! Very frustrating. Pft. Maybe I'll hear the improved remix another time. :(

Glad you could do a quick fix to help the sound out. Great dedication.

Unreg said:
Man, everyone is so complentary of your work, wish I could hear it, but I don't have aim, or any kind of instant messing. I have to review this, and I don't think I have the heart to do it. I know the music is in there, I know it is. It's just that fucking funeral shroud around it! Very frustrating. Pft. Maybe I'll hear the improved remix another time. :(

Glad you could do a quick fix to help the sound out. Great dedication.

If you have winmx, i can create a chat room and you can go d/l it there, its easy. Let me know

buzz21 said:
THE MUSIC IS WHAT COUNTS!!!!!!

Yes it does but when it sounds horrible because of the production quality it doesn't count for SHIT!

Let me see do I want to listen to a quality recorded Nevermore disc or one that I have mess with all of my system settings to get through it? Easy choice in my case! Lets here it for my new coaster........
:mad:

NoLordy Capone said:
If he uses it as a coaster, he should get a universal "ignore" option. :)

Wow you really hurt my feelings!!! :D

My wife's real happy that I'm using it right now to keep my frosty beverage from marking up the table. :Smug:

Liquid Tension said:
Wow you really hurt my feelings!!! :D

My wife's real happy that I'm using it right now to keep my frosty beverage from marking up the table. :Smug:

dude, the artwork on the cd is pretty good. i hope you're putting your beverage on the shinny side.

Hey, you guys like the older stuff such as Politics of Ecstasy and such right? Well, the production on those is worse than EOR and you don't really complain about it too much. Actually, I think the production on EOR is fine, it may not be as shiny as DHIADW but still, it's fucking metal, not a damn pop album. I like the wall of sound that this album has. It gives it a more intense feeling. Cry me a river.

Reactions: Iris
You're saying PoE had bad production? Shit, Neil K. was probably their best producer, though Sneap was good by my terms too.

Who is responsible for the poor sound? Does Nevermore tell Andy "We want this sound"? Or does Nevermore leave it in Andy's hands to do what he thinks is best?

I would think it is the first scenario. What's with metal bands wanting to experiment with weird effects during production? Look at St.Anger which sounds like shit. Even though a better production would not save St.Anger, I think it would save EOR. Bands should just try to achieve a polished sound when it comes to their music. Metal sounds awesome when it has great production. Maybe a little effect in the vocals would be fine but leave the other instruments alone I say! There is nothing more pleasing to the ear than loud crisp clean metal guitars ripping through the air.

SergeantD1 said:
What's with metal bands wanting to experiment with weird effects during production? Look at St.Anger which sounds like shit. Even though a better production would not save St.Anger, I think it would save EOR. Bands should just try to achieve a polished sound when it comes to their music. Metal sounds awesome when it has great production. Maybe a little effect in the vocals would be fine but leave the other instruments alone I say! There is nothing more pleasing to the ear than loud crisp clean metal guitars ripping through the air.

This is the way that I feel also!

No, this happens all the time, you're obviously an untrained newbie around here. No one ever agrees with everyone else.