Soundcard problem.

Keregioz

Kimon Zeliotis
Aug 31, 2001
Athens, Greece
Visit site
Hello guys...

A friend of mine has a problem when recording in his PC. His soundcard is just a built in the motherboard one but he should be able to do simple recordings with a POD. He uses nuendo3 to record. When he records something the metronome click is being recorded along with what he plays.... basically anything playing at the time is being recorded, like if he has drums playing while he records they will be recorded too in the new audio file....
As far as i know he just connects the pod in to the soundcard's line in.
Do you have any ideas how to fix this?

Hello guys...

A friend of mine has a problem when recording in his PC. His soundcard is just a built in the motherboard one but he should be able to do simple recordings with a POD. He uses nuendo3 to record. When he records something the metronome click is being recorded along with what he plays.... basically anything playing at the time is being recorded, like if he has drums playing while he records they will be recorded too in the new audio file....
As far as i know he just connects the pod in to the soundcard's line in.
Do you have any ideas how to fix this?

Its a latency issue which will only be fixed by a proper soundcard with decent drivers. You can pick up a decent card for fairly cheap these days. Maybe a M-aduio 2496

Since it is a built in sound card it's the windows settings (assuming it's a PC)

No, i don't see the connection with latency either

Yes it's a PC, i mentioned it in my post. I checked the settings in my friends computer but couldn't find what you're discribing. I checked in control panel/sound and audio devices/audio/sound recording default device where you could only choose his soundcard.

Ok, the "drums recording at the same time" is just because you have set the windows mixer ( the little speaker in the system tray, lower right, where the clock is), double click on it and click advanced, select record and select line in on the windows mixer.
The latency should have something to set in nuendo, in audio/preferences or something.
Set the audio buffer higher and that should fix the latency issues.

Opps I read it wrong. I was thinking about another thread when writing this. Its been a long day...sorry

Ok, the "drums recording at the same time" is just because you have set the windows mixer ( the little speaker in the system tray, lower right, where the clock is), double click on it and click advanced, select record and select line in on the windows mixer.
The latency should have something to set in nuendo, in audio/preferences or something.
Set the audio buffer higher and that should fix the latency issues.

I'm not on my friends computer at the time so can't check it out. I think i already looked there but but i may missed it. When i get the chance i will try this.

I thought all built in sound cards have at least 3 holes..? Mic, Line in and Line out (pink, green, blue)
I can't imagine that he would get a useable signal through mic-in, the signal from the POD is most definately to strong. And since he is obviously getting (what we assume is) a useable signal, he probably has a line-in.

But you say you're running through mic in... I'm confused..

I thought all built in sound cards have at least 3 holes..? Mic, Line in and Line out (pink, green, blue)
I can't imagine that he would get a useable signal through mic-in, the signal from the POD is most definately to strong. And since he is obviously getting (what we assume is) a useable signal, he probably has a line-in.

But you say you're running through mic in... I'm confused..
At least on mine, I have line out, sub out and mic in.
On the windows mixer you have a "normal" level for a line input unless you click on the +20 boost.
The funny thing is it's a stereo microphone input :lol:

But when I tried everything, the only "hole" that got any kind of signal going was the mic in, I tried switching them on software ( the realtek control station thing) but no luck.
With built in soundcards, my best luck is the trial and error way.
And the funniest thing is when you try something like asio4all...it glitches everytime, but the recorded sound is cleaner...damn I need a soundcard haha

Hey guys... just wanted thank you and to let you know that the problem is fixed. It turned out that i had forgotten to click a little checkbox under the line in fader in windows mixer/ advanced/recording. There i had selected line in, but then under the volume fader was a "select" checkbox where normaly is the "mute" checkbox, maybe that's why i overlooked it...