i wont be able to reamp with this soundcard?

Jaekae

Legendary Member
Feb 16, 2009
Gothenburg, Sweden
ive got a EMU 1212 soundcard, so theres only 2 outputs, one L and one R

connected the reamp box to the right channel, pan the DI track 100% right and i get sound from amp,

problem is how to monitor the recorded signal? since the soundcard send the miced input channel when monitoring it to both the outputs which isnt good :p , wanna be able to hear the recorded tone while EQing the amp and setting up mic pos etc

There should be a way to route monitoring (in mono) to the left output. Also the 1212 has spdif and optical i/o right? If so you need something to hook one of those outputs too and route it in the cuemix software.

For now you can just record it and unplug for a workaround.

elaborating on what force666 said, go to VST connections, output, and change your stereo out so that the right channel on the stereo out either points to nothing, or to the left out put of your sound card (if you do the latter, you'll need to turn down your stereo out channel down, by 3 db). add a mono out put, and point it to the right output of your sound card.

in the output section (or sends) in your DI track, point it to your new mono track, reamp as normal.

then, when you start monitoring your mic channel, it'll come through your left speaker!

thanks,