Soundcheck, listen to this guitar-clip.

wicked_s

Sep 19, 2004
I'm about to record a second demo CD with my band, Cromonic. After a little tweaking and tuning I've come up with this sound. Personally I think it sounds good, but most people here have more experience than me so I'd like to hear your opinions.
http://www.cromonic.com/soundcheck.mp3

:hotjump:

sounds pretty nice to me man, though sounds like the mix is missing something, bass guitar too low in the mix maybe? are drums all dfhs?

nothing to add to that Wicked..

Amazing sound! guitars are thick, nice low end to them.. bass is there, but not over the top, drums are very nice as well.. snare is punchy enough.. and the whole mix sounds clear to me.. all instruments fit well without crossing each other.

Very nice!!

Ah yes the POD. Man Im still working with that damn thing. New to it. Awesome sounds but i gotta go through another sound card and stop using my mic input. Sounds muffled. Nothing like that shiznit!

Brett KALISIA gave me away, yes it's the POD. And yes, it's DFHS all the way. I'll give you more details on how I recorded it later tonight (I'm off to grab some food)..
:headbang:

940.jpg

I recorded it with my pod xt pro with all the model packs installed. I used one preset based on the ms-l6 big bottom and recorded one guitar 100% left and one 100% right. Then I used a similar preset, also based on the ms-l6 big bottom but tweaked a little bit different. I also recorded 2 tracks with that one (100% left and 100% right). So there's a total of 4 guitars. No post processing, yet.

Sounds lovely, the mix is a bit out of balance though. Drums (esp snare) too loud and the bass to low imho. But I didn't know POD XT could sound so well, I still have the old bean, thinking of buying an XT soon.