Sounds of the Underground tour 2005

MasterOLightning

Optimator
Jun 3, 2003
Chicago
www.myspace.com
Yeah, so apparently this tour is trying to try to rival Ozzfest this summer. Getting good bands would have helped them do that, but whatever. It still might be worth going to for three or four of the acts if the tickets are going to be under $30. The site is www.soundsoftheundergroundtour.com

Here are the bands as listed. The headliner is expected to be Lamb of God.
Clutch
Opeth
Poison the Well
Chimaira
Unearth
From Autumn to Ashes
Norma Jean
Every Time I Die
Madball
High on Fire
Strapping Young Lad
All That Remains
Throwdown
Terror
Fear Before the March of Flames
A Life Once Lost
The Red Chord
Devildriver
and very special guests GWAR.

GWAR is supposedly doing some sort of intermission act, or whatever.

I know a fair amount of people like The Red Chord, but I think I read somewhere else that they were East Coast only.

I might go just to see Opeth, and I've heard good things about High on Fire and Clutch, so that's not a total loss.

I can't recall what the Ozzfest lineup is, but I'm sure it's much better. Too bad Opeth couldn't get on the main stage there.

So, bash the metalcore/emocore bands here, or discuss otherwise.

There are about four bands on that tour worth going to see, so you're right: If it turns out to be $30 or under, it will be worth it. Although, if The Red Chord is east coast only, that brings it down to three.

I don't mind metalcore but i fuckin hate that emocore shit like From Autumn to Ashes.
I'd still probally see the show, there is a good majority I like and I think under 30 bucks is a good price.

I'd go for Opeth, Clutch, and Strapping Young Lad. Lamb Of God too if they are actually on there. The rest of those bands fucking blow.

Clutch
Opeth
High on Fire
Strapping Young Lad
The Red Chord
GWAR

^^^

AWESOME

Other bands I wouldn't mind seeing:

Lamb of God
Every Time I Die
Poison The Well

...Plus there are still a few acts to be announced.