Sounds of the Underground -- Atlanta

Stoink said:
Gwar's music may not be top notch, but you have to give it up for a great show.

Yeah, their music definitely isn't the best out there (though a lot of it is catchy), and they're clearly not a "serious" band, but, damn, what a fun show. These guys were the sole reason I went to Dragon*Con for many years.

And, like Pellaz said, you gotta hand it to anyone that can play a live show in those suits. :loco:

--Mike

Wishmaster said:
Yeah, their music definitely isn't the best out there (though a lot of it is catchy), and they're clearly not a "serious" band, but, damn, what a fun show. These guys were the sole reason I went to Dragon*Con for many years.

--And frankly I'd love to get them back for D*C someday, but alas, I no longer have much input in band bookings for Dragon*Con.* (And besides, their production and clean-up costs can be...interesting. :))

One of the touring members of GWAR is (or was) Danielle Stamp, who portrays Slymenstra Hymen as part of their stage-act. She has also been doing a circus side-show act involving a giant Tesla coil where the charges arc from her body, etc. I didn't know she was in Guiness for that, but it wouldn't surprise me. She's kinda neet; I know her fairly well. :D

-=-=-=-=-
* I'm a director at D*C, but don't have much, if any, booking authority :(