Soundtest (Metal w/ Electro)

osum

Misanthrope
Jun 26, 2011
South Germany
Moin,

just a little soundtest, but actually I'm not very satisfied. Something is missing. What do you think?

Guitars are X30 and LE456, Bass is BOD, Drums are SD2 w/ Metal Foundry and some Slate and Lamb Of God Samples.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds pretty cool man, love this stuff!

Now what i think you are missing is a bigger kick and snare perhaps? the cymbals and hihats come out just fine, same goes for the toms.. but the kick and snare, especially the snare could be more upfront.. heavier and a bit fuller.

Just Zero the levels, and remix it, i mean turn them down so no sound is heard then raise them up one at a time and see if that makes it turn out different!:D
The guitar sound is heavy and the bass too, but they feel like they could be raised up in volume quite a bit, some db or two! and the snare and kickdrum also raise them a couple of dbs.
So they smash thru the mix better, the hi-hats and cymbals feels alright, in fact that's the problem of the mix i'd say. That they are louder then everything else, the "highs" of the mix is dominating over the guitars and stuff, the synth stuff is killer btw!
Keep it up!:devil: