Soundtoys Decapitator

May 28, 2015
Stockholm, Sweden
Soundtoys is having Black Friday sales so I'm thinking in getting Decapitator (it's half price). My question is, do you think it's worth getting it if I already have another saturation plugins such as Klangheim SDRR ?

How is Decapitator different from Slate VCC? I own VCC. Is it worth the $$$ to get Decapitator?

I'm DEFINITELY getting decapitator. I'm trying to figure out if I should just say fuck it and get the whole Soundtoys bundle. EchoBoy is fantastic, so is deviloc and micro shift. I'm trying to figure out a way to package things at audiodeluxe so I get the best bang for my buck.

I may end up just spending the $500 and getting the entire sound toys bundle, plus the fabfilter proq2 and proc2.

How is Decapitator different from Slate VCC? I own VCC. Is it worth the $$$ to get Decapitator?

They're COMPLETELY different. Slate is emulating console frequency response, cross talk, summing and saturation.

Decapitator is a saturation/ distortion plugin. Very very different. Yes decapitator is worth it.

It IS really nice, but I akways have trouble dialling it in just right. A little goes a long way!!

True, but it does have different style options and the mix knob. It's so useful on drums and parallel compression it's ridiculous.

Reactions: 0000000nowhere
I would rather get Fabfilter saturn,a lot more features,multiband,etc.
I am happy with Quadrafuzz 2 from Cubase though.

I may have to jump on this!

Just the other night I pulled up a mix I did a while back and the drums just slammed me the right way and low-and-behold, I had a demo version of Decapitator on the drum bus for that mix.

Yeah I caved and ended up snatching Decapitator ($88 from plugindiscounts, audiodeluxe/sweetwater have it for $99) and the Progressive Foundry. Sweetwater has it boxed (lawl) for $150, which is $30 cheaper than Toontrack and most other places I've seen. Probably won't be on sale until a year from now or something so why not.

Yeah I caved and ended up snatching Decapitator ($88 from plugindiscounts, audiodeluxe/sweetwater have it for $99) and the Progressive Foundry. Sweetwater has it boxed (lawl) for $150, which is $30 cheaper than Toontrack and most other places I've seen. Probably won't be on sale until a year from now or something so why not.

I ended up just springing for Fabfilter Pro-Q2, Pro-C2 and decapitator (audiodeluxe has it for $88, you just have to add it to your cart)

I figured those are the three I'll use the most. I can wait a bit for the others. I do need to demo Saturn.