South Park SUCKS

Notuern

Bloody vaginal belch
Oct 20, 2007
[rant]
Dont get me wrong, im a HUGE South Park fan, but seriously.. what the fuck?
The latest episode(14:01 - Sexual Healing.) sucked majorly!

I sighed my way through the episode, just waiting for the misery to end.
Have Matt Stone and Trey Parker hired Seth MacFarlane to write these last 5 seasons or so?
Ever since season 9 the show has gone down the shitter, but you always laughed once or twice through every episode, until season 12.
I hate seeing this show going to hell, South Park used to interest me because it wasnt based on pop-culture references like all the other shows out there, but thats the only thing it does now.. bad parodies of whats going on in Hollywood, just like Family Guy.
[/rant]

I like Family Guy, but South Park shouldnt be like that, and they cant even pull it of.
It seems like Matt Stone and Trey Parker is trying to make South Park similar to Family Guy, but they are failing something miserably.. Family Guy makes you laugh, South Park dont.
I mean, watch "Scott Tenorman must die!" and then watch "Sexual Healing", is it the same show!?!?

Yeah, they've sort of found their formula, but it runs dry after a while. They love to take notions literally and just run with the absurdity of it all, but in the latest episode I did find myself snoozing a bit.

Family Guy and American Dad are majorly hit and miss. When they hit, it's absolute gold though.

I thought last night's was actually really good compared to most of last season. I think the show has been pretty pop-culture based since about season 5 though. You kind of have to be after doing almost 200 episodes, ideas are just going to run thin. And a show that gets made in the 1 week fury that SP does kind of gets to play on pop culture better than anything else.

I gotta say i'm preferring American Dad and Cleveland show to Family Guy right now... theres been a few slow episodes

With regards to southpark... theres still alot of heavy thinking behind most of their episodes, where you don't get the point of the episode until the last few seconds... for example, the one where they're competing with the size of poop... they spend an entire ep going throug the motions only to say at the end the Bono is a huge turd...

I gotta say i'm preferring American Dad and Cleveland show to Family Guy right now... theres been a few slow episodes

Really? Seems to me that Cleveland show is pure crap and American Dad is just "meh". Jokes leftover not funny enough for Familly Guy.

for example, the one where they're competing with the size of poop... they spend an entire ep going throug the motions only to say at the end the Bono is a huge turd...

I thought they made him look like a huge turd the whole episode, that just capped it....the brilliant surprise to me was shoving the Emmy award into the pile of shit at the last second.

that show ran its course years ago. jesus, it was big when I was in college over a decade ago.

I thought the latest southpark episode was pretty funny espeically with butters going crazy over the bush...american dad is ok....family guy always wins imo though

[rant]
Dont get me wrong, im a HUGE South Park fan, but seriously.. what the fuck?
The latest episode(14:01 - Sexual Healing.) sucked majorly!

I sighed my way through the episode, just waiting for the misery to end.
Have Matt Stone and Trey Parker hired Seth MacFarlane to write these last 5 seasons or so?
Ever since season 9 the show has gone down the shitter, but you always laughed once or twice through every episode, until season 12.
I hate seeing this show going to hell, South Park used to interest me because it wasnt based on pop-culture references like all the other shows out there, but thats the only thing it does now.. bad parodies of whats going on in Hollywood, just like Family Guy.
[/rant]

+1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111^75, especially the bold-faced parts :( Fuck episodes about Kanye West, youtube memes, Britney Spears, High School Musical etc.

However, even though you could tell it was the beginning of the end (as far as I'm concerned) I honestly thought a good amount of the Season 10 eps were up to par with all the ones previous to it :kickass: ("The Return of Chef" is still one of my all-time favorites - "Kenny, how would you like toSODOMIZEmyblackass" :lol::lol: )

And while some of the recent stuff (from Season 11 on) has had its funny moments, because I can't help but compare it to the old South Park I love so very very much (seen every episode at least twice), my disappointment usually outweighs any humor I might take from it :( (if it were any other show, I'd probably dig 'em more)

I thought last night's was actually really good compared to most of last season. I think the show has been pretty pop-culture based since about season 5 though. You kind of have to be after doing almost 200 episodes, ideas are just going to run thin. And a show that gets made in the 1 week fury that SP does kind of gets to play on pop culture better than anything else.

There has been more and more pop-culture references since season 5(Which was the shows peak IMO.), but it wasnt until season 10 it got based almost 100% on shit like that.. but it was still doing pretty well until season 12 where they just seemed to loose the "spark".
The "1 week fury" is actually during the ~5 month break they do in between and in the middle of the seasons.. but Matt Stone and Trey Parker has previously said that they used to write the episodes within a day or so just brainstorming and sticking the pieces together.
I seriously doubt that either of them is still writing episodes though, because its not their kind of humor.

Really? Seems to me that Cleveland show is pure crap and American Dad is just "meh". Jokes leftover not funny enough for Familly Guy.

American Dad is better then Family Guy in my book, because its not based entirely on Peters completely random flashbacks(That still crack me up allot of the time though.).
Simply put, American Dad is based more on character interaction/development, instead of quick punchlines/random jokes like Family Guy.

+1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111^75, especially the bold-faced parts :( Fuck episodes about Kanye West, youtube memes, Britney Spears, High School Musical etc.

However, even though you could tell it was the beginning of the end (as far as I'm concerned) I honestly thought a good amount of the Season 10 eps were up to par with all the ones previous to it :kickass: ("The Return of Chef" is still one of my all-time favorites - "Kenny, how would you like toSODOMIZEmyblackass" :lol::lol: )

Yeah, Season 10 had a few good ones, probably because Isaac Hayes left and it was a sort of "reboot".

American Dad is better then Family Guy in my book, because its not based entirely on Peters completely random flashbacks(That still crack me up allot of the time though.).
Simply put, American Dad is based more on character interaction/development, instead of quick punchlines/random jokes like Family Guy.

Big +1 to this, I much prefer AD to Family guy as I think the FG recipe got old, but the cleveland show....Don't get that at all

I 've moved on to Adult Swim.

Tim and Eric, Squidbillies, Superjail, Robot Chicken, Morel Orel, Aqua Teen Hungerforce etc.

This stuff kicks the hell out of Family Guy and all it's knockoffs and South Park.

Haha I just have to say that the Kanye episode still makes me laugh , mainly because I fucking hate Carlos Mencia so much and he gets his head bashed off with a bat.

The "1 week fury" is actually during the ~5 month break they do in between and in the middle of the seasons..

Umm.. no. :) I have seen exactly how stuff is done in 1 week. Sure, they may spark an idea beforehand and cultivate it in that work week. But the actual making is done in 1 week most of the time, for a long while now. And I totally see them writing it, as it's still their humor, just with a format change. I have EVERYTHING they have ever done from their college film projects to now. They have a certain signature way, whether they are doing a musical about a cannibal or making fun of culture and people- that really need to be made fun of.

I still really don't see how anyone can say AD is better than FG. You are all nuts. :)

Dude what u talking about?

Some of the best episodes come from series 9-onwards!

Ginger Kids
Make Love, Not Warcraft
Cartman Sucks
Guitar Queer-O
Over Logging
Fishsticks
W.T.F.

haha and the 1 where Randy takes the biggest crap in the world,
can't mind the episode title.

It was a weak episode but had some good momments, like the rich monkey, Tiger Woods PGA jokes ("PRE NUP POWER UP!") and the guys eyeballs checking women reactions after every hipocrite statement. It was some of those "angry episodes", where they make more effort on mocking the hipocrisy than make you laugh. I´m still a die hard fan of South Park. Remember that the second episode of the last season was pure shit (The Coon), but on the next week they delivered Margaritaville, that is on my top 5 ever.

I 've moved on to Adult Swim.

Tim and Eric, Squidbillies, Superjail, Robot Chicken, Morel Orel, Aqua Teen Hungerforce etc.

This stuff kicks the hell out of Family Guy and all it's knockoffs and South Park.

I cant stand those shows, i would probably have liked it as a 14 year old, but today it feels a bit too childish in some ways.. im sure there are great episodes though.

I have EVERYTHING they have ever done from their college film projects to now. They have a certain signature way, whether they are doing a musical about a cannibal or making fun of culture and people- that really need to be made fun of.

I guess that we are in to Matt Stone and Trey Parker just as much then.. but i still dont think that these last few seasons have any of the characteristics of Mat Stone and Trey Parker, it feels more like someone else is trying to merge their style with that of Seth MacFarlane.
Watch an episode like "Mecha Streisand", "Timmy 2000", "The Jeffersons", "Trapped in the closet" and compare them with "Britneys new look", "The Ring", "Fishsticks", "Dead Celebrities" and "Sexual Healing", i cant possibly imagine that its the same writers between those episodes.

I still really don't see how anyone can say AD is better than FG. You are all nuts. :)

Well, as i said.. American Dad is based on Character Interaction/Development.
Family Guy is based on fartjokes and Peters flashbacks. ;)
Not that there is anything wrong with Family Guy! I love it! :)
But American Dad has some effort put behind the episodes, and it just feels more "alive" for some reason.