Southern California Thread

Apparently they recorded the whole show. For those that didn't go, enjoy it vicariously.

Vastum fucking slayed tonight. I'd put my dick in the singer of Hooded Menace, and Demilich were pretty damn good. I was expecting them to kind of suck, considering how rarely they play live, but they played pretty damn magnificent. Fucking great show all in all. Did anyone go to it?

Yeah I was there. Wish I knew you were there. Would have been nice to meet in person.

Did you happen to catch the name of the very first band (the three piece that played before Vastum)? I wss really impressed by them. I really loved Demilich's set, but then again, Nesphite is one of my favorite death metal albums. The middle two bands I felt neutral on.

Nah I didn't. The guitarist of Hooded Menace told me the name as I was buying merch from them, but it got muffled through the Finnish accent lol. And yeah, that sucks. Next show then!

The full Power of the Riff list is out. Anyone else going?

545115_1.jpg

More good shows coming up:

Thurs/Fri Jan 12/13: Deafheaven @ Echoplex
Mon Jan 23rd: Ash Borer & Volahn @ Complex (Glendale)
Fri Feb 17th: Marduk & Incantation @ Regent
Sat Mar 4th: Immolation @ Observatory (Santa Ana)
Sat Mar 25th: Kreator and Obituary @ Observatory

I'm planning to go to the first four. Not sure about the last one. Not sure I like either band enough to drive to the OC.

Reactions: Baroque
Upcoming good shit:

Immolation, dudes from Sepultura Mar 4th, Observatory, Santa Ana
Cryptopsy June 3rd, Gideon's Hall, Upland
Suffocation and Morbid Angel, June 16th, Regent Theater Los Angeles
Iron Maiden, Kamelot, and Ghost July 1st, Glen Halen Amphittheater, San Bernardino

Already got tickets to the first three. The Maiden show will depend on my travel schedule. PM me if you want up if you want to meet at any of the shows (except Arg).

Metallica is also coming in July. I've never seen them before. Are they any good live these days? I'd consider seeing them, so long as the set is at least 50% from their 1st 4 albums. However, I also bet that the price will be excessive.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity