Space shuttle Columbia....

Search-and-rescue teams from the Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas, area were alerted and residents were urged to stay away from any possible debris from the shuttle, which may be hazardous, said NASA public affairs officer James Hartfield.

Its depressing. We shouldnt rely on technology too much in my opinion. When Warrel hears about this I bet he's gonna write lyrics dealing with the subject.

Yeah, a costumer told me today.
I didn't knew what to say..
Think i'm gonna watch cnn, maybe i can hear a bit more about it.

xxx Iris xxx

That's bullshit, it's only 7 people that died, an airliner crash is much worse yet the people that die are not discussed nearly as much. Those fuckers knew what they were doing and the dangers involved... so they died. Leave it at that, the media is totally fucked up.

It's really weird the way the media deals with certain tragedies. Like with the amount of dead. I guess it's easier to read a list of the names of 7 dead ppl as opposed to several thousand.
My father had the news on downstairs and they said something about how a space shuttle had exploded. I asked him if it was called the Columbia because I'd seen the title of this thread. I assmue this whole deal is something we'll be hearing about for the next few days. Like there's the whole investigation into how something which ppl thought was a piece of insolation foam having hit the side of the shuttle and caused whatever problems with it. A piece of insolation foam?!?:confused:

I woke up, turned on the tv, and bam, there's breaking news on every station. I thought maybe something had happened with the war, and then they started talking about the space shuttle Columbia. I feel sorry for the family of the crew and for NASA, but I have to agree with Guerrilla.

i agree with Guerrilla

though hearing about any death kinda brings me down, unless it was a funny or stupid death......then i'm an asshole and i'll laugh my ass off....

oh come on...
7 people died, and 7 families have lost their dear ones...
stop acting "cool" its sad, period.
and dont compare it to any airline crash...
there isnt even place for comparing...

i do however agree that media twists everything.
its like... everyday people get killed.. in car accidents, murdrer, terror.. and we became so used to it.
its scary..
its like it passes by our ears...
we should treat each person's life with the right respect Gurilla..
after all... 7 or no 7, airlines or not,
it is a tragedy.

*hugs gurilla*
:)

If I ever get the chance, right before I die on an AIRLINE CRASH, I'm gonna say to myself, " Gee, this must be what it feels like to die re-entering the earths atmosphere at mach 12 sideways at 5000 degrees."

I found out a couple of hours ago and my bro told me that a reporter in NY was asking ppl if they thought it was a aterorist attack. Yah right! THe shuttle was 200,000 feet in the air and travelling at 16,000 mph. No weapon on this Earth could do that. The word "terrorism" is a joke in North America. The instant anything remotely tragic happens, it jumps to "terrorism". Bleh.
Regardless of the above bullshit in my post, the situation is still tragic. I agree with Guerilla about how its only 7 ppl and an airliner with 300 gets less publicity. The media is fucked.
...and that quote "The death of a single person is a tragedy. The death of a million, a statistic" by Joseph Stalin that Necromunchkin posted is pure gold. Pure, pathetic, disgusting, sad gold......best.......gold.....ever.......
What's also fucked is that the debris is covered in crazy gasoline thats filled with carcinogens and stuff so ppl can't even go near it. Shitty.
Meh.

Hey LoM, they said that debris was falling over Texas and Arkansas, anything hit your house? It's just too bad you can't touch them, those pieces of the shuttle could be worth their weight in gold.

Shit man, now manned spacetravel will have a severe crisis..
and I really dislike TV networks which get on the news like vultures - in our sick world bad nees are the best news.
And no asshole cares about the thousands of people dying of war, hunger, dehydration, plagues, crimes and accidents every day :(

Ok, its not good, but things have been worse.
WHats fucking stupid is, DONT YOU PPL REMEMBER A FEW MONTHS BACK THEY FOUND HAIRLINE CRACKS IN ALL THE SHUTTLES? DONT YOU GUYS REMEMBER THAT THE HEAT DEFLECTORS WERE JUST FALLING OFF TEH SHUTTLES AS THEY WERE SETTING ON THE GROUND NOT BEING USED? DONT YOU REMEMBER THAT GAME BOYS HAVE HIGER TECHNOLOGY THEN THE COMPUTERS ON TEH SHUTTLES.

Sounds to me, like thsoe 7 ppl were too brave for their own good.