Spectrasonics Trilian Bass

Hi there, anybody using Trilian with low tuning such as standard A# (6 steps down the standard E tuning) ?

Can Trilian play low notes such as this low A# ?

I'm using Reaper for now, and it seems the E1 (standard E, low bass string on a standard E bass guitar) in Guitar Pro is the E3 in Trilian, so when importing my Guitar Pro Bass track (bass tuned to A#), Trilian plays an octave higher, and i have to manually transpose (shifting the midi notes down in the midi editor) the bass score one octave down (well actually i just found out today and i have to try that tonight when i come home) AND doing a -1 step transposing in Trilian directly (EDIT tab on my patch).

Anyone having the same experience ?

EDIT :
-the octave display difference in the Reaper piano roll was due to a preference setting (MIDI octaves name display offset : - 1 octave) i had. If i put it to 0, then my octaves displays are just fine in Reaper's piano roll
-Trilian's hardcore rock bass cannot go lower than B1 (5 semitones under your standard low E), since they sampled a standard B tuned 5 string bass...
BUT if you use Trilian's "transpose/pitch" function in the "edit" tab for X semitones (1 semitone down in my case, since i want to play A#1 when the lowest note i have played back is a B1) one way and shifting your midi notes X semitones the other way (means in my example i'm moving all my notes from A#1 for bottom to B1 for bottom (moving the notes UP)) in Reaper's Piano Roll.
Since it only requires a -1 semitone transpose/pitch to reach A#1, Trilian's hardcore rock bass sounds good this way for standard A# tuning, but maybe it's gonna sound like shit if you're tuned way lower and have to transpose a lot of semitones down.

EDITED my previous post with new relevant info

I love Trilian, I will never record another bass track in my life again...This is untrue, but I'm gonna use Trilian as much as I can! had done this track a few months ago when I first got Trilian. I know the mix is horrid and the bass drums are pretty loud, but if you had to work on the PC I did, you would really understand how I got fed up and said "It is, what it is". Oh yeah, and if you didn't notice, it's a cover of a Castlevania song...fucking awesome game!

http://youtu.be/9cFZ-1H4SSk

I love Trilian, I will never record another bass track in my life again...This is untrue, but I'm gonna use Trilian as much as I can! had done this track a few months ago when I first got Trilian. I know the mix is horrid and the bass drums are pretty loud, but if you had to work on the PC I did, you would really understand how I got fed up and said "It is, what it is". Oh yeah, and if you didn't notice, it's a cover of a Castlevania song...fucking awesome game!

http://youtu.be/9cFZ-1H4SSk

nice haha :)

Hey, so when I try to program bass at a reasonable speed a lot of the time 16th notes will come up sounding like it's just picking on a muted string, no real audible note.
It sounds shitty as fuck and is quite annoying.

Anyone know a solution to this problem?

Hey, so when I try to program bass at a reasonable speed a lot of the time 16th notes will come up sounding like it's just picking on a muted string, no real audible note.

I agree with you man, I haven't used Trillian on fast stuff for ages, I'd really like to though.

Maybe :

-double-check your midi score and see if there is no hidden cutoff or weird note overlap or programming
- check the MIDI channel those notes are played on
- check the legato/glide/etc settings of Trilian on that Midi channel instrument

Maybe :

-double-check your midi score and see if there is no hidden cutoff or weird note overlap or programming
- check the legato/glide/etc settings of Trilian on that Midi channel instrument

Maybe :

Thanks for the help man.
Checked shit, could find anything out of the ordinary.

The thing is it SOMETIMES plays it normal.
Say I'm looping a certain section, first 2 times it plays muted buzz notes, 3rd time it plays the regular normal fast 16th notes that actually sound how they are meant to.

Even when I put it on No Variation in the Round Robin section IT STILL DOES IT.
It just plays the same repeated mute sound.

The fuck is going on.

Looks like I'm going to have to spend a few hours trying to figure this shit out.
Fuck my life.

Thanks for the help man.
Checked shit, could find anything out of the ordinary.

The thing is it SOMETIMES plays it normal.
Say I'm looping a certain section, first 2 times it plays muted buzz notes, 3rd time it plays the regular normal fast 16th notes that actually sound how they are meant to.

Even when I put it on No Variation in the Round Robin section IT STILL DOES IT.
It just plays the same repeated mute sound.

The fuck is going on.

Looks like I'm going to have to spend a few hours trying to figure this shit out.
Fuck my life.

OK now it sounds like a problem a lot of people have been experiencing with Trilian and with "heavy" (in disk space) sample libraries, and it has to do with streaming issues on some DAWs... but before in venture into that, i have to ask you a few questions to be sure :

-is this weird playing/cutoff thing happening during playback ? or bounce ? or both ?

If it plays fine during playback, but the bounced file sounds erratic then it might be a streaming issue. If so, i can help you :)

OK now it sounds like a problem a lot of people have been experiencing with Trilian and with "heavy" (in disk space) sample libraries, and it has to do with streaming issues on some DAWs... but before in venture into that, i have to ask you a few questions to be sure :

-is this weird playing/cutoff thing happening during playback ? or bounce ? or both ?

If it plays fine during playback, but the bounced file sounds erratic then it might be a streaming issue. If so, i can help you :)

The weird playing/cutoff thing is happening during both.
Fuck, I'm thinking it's because I only have 2gb of ram at the moment :/

The weird playing/cutoff thing is happening during both.
Fuck, I'm thinking it's because I only have 2gb of ram at the moment :/

Alright, then in Trilian you have to adjust the streaming/samples reading settings, which you can find in the "system" tab i think.

Read this : http://v2.spectrasonics.net/support/knowledgebase_view_topic.php?id=394&categoryID=13
http://v2.spectrasonics.net/support/knowledgebase_view_topic.php?id=395&categoryID=13

http://support.spectrasonics.net/trilianmanual/system/