Spin article

Melisan

Nov 13, 2002
Visit site
So I'm in Borders today and see a Spin cover article on all-female tribute bands. Gotta figure more ink for the Maidens, right?

Um, no. Now granted, I skimmed it, but there was nothing that caught my eye. Certainly no pictures.

For all the ink you ladies have gotten, how did they miss you?

Melisan said:
So I'm in Borders today and see a Spin cover article on all-female tribute bands. Gotta figure more ink for the Maidens, right?

Um, no. Now granted, I skimmed it, but there was nothing that caught my eye. Certainly no pictures.

That's a bit stupid is it not!!! Hahahaha! You'll have to write in and tell them they missed the Maidens! Who was in it - Mistress Of Reality, the million female AC/DC tributes??? Hehehe!

Thanks for the headzup. Strange cuz we did the interview for this the morning we left for our Pacific NW dates. Must have been too last minute I guess, or Iron Maiden may just be not mainstream enough at the end of the day for that mag. Bummers. Perhaps some letters to the editor would be a good avenue to express your dissatisfaction. ;)

We do travel beyond the West Coast Darthrya. We've been to Montana, Utah, New York, Japan, Canada.....Not as often as we wish at present, but we do get out there. You'll see later this year. :)

Headbanging Reaper said:
They should of been in there....Remember that song get in the ring by Guns and Roses? :D SPIN BLOWS!

Antagonise me motherfucker!!!!
Get in the ring motherfucker!!!!
headbob.gif
loco.gif

|
|
|
\/

Melisan said:

Actually, we were interviewed for that article and we got mentioned in the beginning of it. I suspect we didn't get as much coverage as some of the other tribute bands for the same reason that Iron Maiden doesn't get played here on radio stations/MTV much: because they are not considered as "main stream" as other bands (like AC/DC and Led Zeppelin for example). But..overall, it was still a nice article and we are always appreciative of getting any press even if it's only a one line mention. :Spin:

Steph Harris said:
I suspect we didn't get as much coverage as some of the other tribute bands for the same reason that Iron Maiden doesn't get played here on radio stations/MTV much: because they are not considered as "main stream" as other bands (like AC/DC and Led Zeppelin for example).

Good point. Still, Iron Maiden is pretty damn popular, even without the airplay.