Spiral Architect for PPVIII?

KahlanRahl

Shattered darkness
Nov 7, 2006
Georgia
Any chance of inviting Spiral Architect back for PPVIII? I know they're a band with mixed reviews but I think it's because their talents are umcomprehendingly awesome :kickass:
That is but one's humble opinion. I would love to see them come back.

I would love to see them as well, but I doubt it's going to happen. Most of my reasoning is based on the fact that the guys from Spiral Architect that are also in Satyricon supposedly got in trouble for raping a girl while on tour with Satyricon a couple of years ago. I don't know how true this is though...

According to the last update posted on their website (from 2005), the band still theoretically exists, but it doesn't look as if they're actually doing anything. Sure, they're very talented musicians, and they definitely proved at ProgPower II that they could pull it off live. But given their current situation, it's tough to imagine Glenn inviting back a band that has only released 1 album, which is now about 7 years old, unless they actually show some sign of making some sort of forward progress. Especially considering how many great bands there are out there who are currently active, who would be perfect to fill out one of those early slots in the lineup.

Current status of Spiral Architect:
- UPDATE: We've started writing the next album. Right now we're just sorting out bits and pieces to see what we've got.
- Line-up is as it's been this millennium; Øyvind, Steinar, Asgeir, Lars and Andreas.
- Tabs... Still not finished.
- Shows... Sorry, we've stopped playing live.

Last updated: November 17. 2006

- Asgeir

This was posted over at the SA UM site just a few days ago...

I would love to see them as well, but I doubt it's going to happen. Most of my reasoning is based on the fact that the guys from Spiral Architect that are also in Satyricon supposedly got in trouble for raping a girl while on tour with Satyricon a couple of years ago. I don't know how true this is though...

Damn thats horrible..

Current status of Spiral Architect:
- UPDATE: We've started writing the next album. Right now we're just sorting out bits and pieces to see what we've got.
- Line-up is as it's been this millennium; Øyvind, Steinar, Asgeir, Lars and Andreas.
- Tabs... Still not finished.
- Shows... Sorry, we've stopped playing live.

Last updated: November 17. 2006

- Asgeir

This was posted over at the SA UM site just a few days ago...

Ok well thanks for the update, kick ass with the new album, and if you ever do play live again, remember us over here :)

I don't see that preventing them coming to the US *if* Glenn makes them the offer, for a few reasons. I remember some controversy over whether the girls involved were pulling a con with false accusations, and ultimately the case was dropped. Also, it happened in Canada, and while that could affect them getting into there, they ought still to be able to enter the US. Hopefully.

I don't see that preventing them coming to the US *if* Glenn makes them the offer, for a few reasons. I remember some controversy over whether the girls involved were pulling a con with false accusations, and ultimately the case was dropped. Also, it happened in Canada, and while that could affect them getting into there, they ought still to be able to enter the US. Hopefully.

Well I guess that doesn't matter since they no longer play live shows :mad:
Truly saddening