Spiritual Black Dimensions...

So? So is Venom, Mercyful Fate, King Diamond, Iron Maiden, etc. All of these bands have heavy doses of cheese in their music. Doesn't make it bad.

What makes Dimmu Borgir bad is that they sound like Jerry Bruckheimer doing Black Metal.

Mercyful Fate, King Diamond and Venom more resemble those awesome Hammer Horror films, whereas Iron Maiden really isn't cheesy at all, other than a few different lyrical selections.

EDIT: Keep in mind, we're talking about the MUSIC, before anyone posts pictures of Steve Harris' black and white striped tights. :p

What makes Dimmu Borgir bad is that they sound like Jerry Bruckheimer doing Black Metal.

Mercyful Fate, King Diamond and Venom more resemble those awesome Hammer Horror films, whereas Iron Maiden really isn't cheesy at all, other than a few different lyrical selections.

EDIT: Keep in mind, we're talking about the MUSIC, before anyone posts pictures of Steve Harris' black and white striped tights. :p

:lol: Jerry Bruckheimer doing black metal! Yes they are pretty cheesy but honestly I don't think they have always been that cheesy.

Well I finally listened to Enthrone Darkness Triumphant yesterday, and it was everything I expected. I could clearly see the transition, musically, between Stormblast and Spiritual....

"Mourning Palace" is a very good song and I'm pumped to hear it live this April.

Well I finally listened to Enthrone Darkness Triumphant yesterday, and it was everything I expected. I could clearly see the transition, musically, between Stormblast and Spiritual....

"Mourning Palace" is a very good song and I'm pumped to hear it live this April.
oh yes...dimmu and unearth is gonna slay! but dunno if you've heard new dimmu yet, MEHH
ill see if it grows on me but didnt blow me away 1st try

"Knowlege is power and the power is mine!
It's all mine!!!"

:erk:

...but anyway, if I what I assume you meant by that comment is correct, then allow me to re-phrase...

"In my opinion, I feel that SBD is not very cheesy to my ears." Though, as with DCA (on a large scale) EDT has a few moments of it as well, even though the majority of that album is awesome.

:p Oh, and lastly; there's a "d" in Knowledge.

...Also, let's not forget some of the profound lyrics to be heard in "Tormentor of Christian Souls":

Dimmu Borgir said:
I could drag you to my chambers
and strip you naked in darkness
I could pull out your fingernails one by one
and rape you till you find no hope

I could rip your guts out
and let you watch me
sacrifice your unborn child
I could leave you to starve
and even bring you to total silence
But I won't

For I find no pleasure in your physical pain
I want your christian soul to crumble

Your fucking soul

I get a kick out of that song every time I hear it. The lyrical absurdity is simply beautiful. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Honestly, though, how many black metal bands are there whose lyrics aren't cheesy? Black metal isn't exactly known for being the most sophisticated genre out there. The whole Satanist image doesn't help.

...Also, let's not forget some of the profound lyrics to be heard in "Tormentor of Christian Souls":

I get a kick out of that song every time I hear it. The lyrical absurdity is simply beautiful. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Honestly, though, how many black metal bands are there whose lyrics aren't cheesy? Black metal isn't exactly known for being the most sophisticated genre out there. The whole Satanist image doesn't help.

Yeah those are terrible! :lol:

:lol: I'd never understood what they were saying there. I love the melody to that song, but I can't say the lyrics do anything for me.

incredible album.extremely underrated, but it still has quite the following.if that makes sense to you.the song the promised future aeons really sticks out i think, and then the worst produced one, not osong id say is. Behind The Curtains Of The Night Phantasmagoria. but that album is incredible i think