Dimmu Borgir : 2 members left the band...

Supernova

Jan 15, 2005
The Disclosure
Just to inform you people who like Dimmu like me, Mustis and Vortex officially left the band.

Go on the official site of the band to see preliminary statements from the band, and also from the 2 AWESOME musicians that have left. This is NOT gonna end up well, Mustis is obviously NOT in good terms with the band... :erk:

on a brighter side tho, they are currently writing new stuff for an incoming album that will be released like in a year or so...

Heres how I personally feel about this :

Since Dimmu is my number 2 band after Hypo, I was shocked by this. Vortex has an AWESOME clean voice and Mustis was a creative force in the band, he was AWESOME to write orchestral parts. Even tho its obvious that Dimmu's core is Shagrath and Silenoz, Vortex and Mustis brought elements that made Dimmu an absolute all stars lineup. Will Dimmu remain good with these departures? Yes. Can these 2 guys be replaced? No. Is the next album a matter of life and death for Dimmu? I think so. IMO, Galder will make the difference. Everyone who listens to Old man's child realises that he is a fucking creative force too. If the departure of Vortex and Mustis means more space for Galder, then I reckon Dimmu will remain as strong as it always was.
I think it would be AWESOME if Nagash would come back in the band as bassist and for the keys parts, Shagrath and Galder fill in for recording sessions.

Discuss

Well this is certainly the wrong place to post this info. It is a couple of days old. Maybe "news" for those that just found out. And they didn't leave the band! More like fired in a bullshit type of way via text message! Anyway, I'm still waiting on the new HYPOCRISY anyday now! !

:Smug:

dude wtf?
wrong place why?
because the news is a couple of days old it has no reason to be posted here...I dont follow you

I.C.S. Vortex Dimmu Borgir Statement

I've really enjoyed the ride, the Dimmu years have been awesome.
I look forward to concentrating fully on my own project now, and
the opening possibility to resurrect a band or three.

A special thanks to all the crazy and lovely people I have met on
the road with Dimmu over the years, for the support from so many of
you,
and for the continuing interest in my musical projects.
I will always treasure the albums and the brotherhood as it was
before the cabin-fever,music industry and greed went Metallica on
our asses.

My support goes to Mustis, the true creative force in Dimmu for the
last ten years,and his rightful legal chase.

sounds to me like he left because he took Mustis's side in his story.
and he'll take time to revive old projects, hopefully Arcturus

MUSTIS: Attention to all the worldwide fans of my work with DIMMU BORGIR: I feel that I must begin my note to you all by saying that your dedication and interest in my musical work with DIMMU BORGIR has been greatly appreciated by me for many, many years and you all have motivated me to continue to push the creative envelope farther each and every day.

"You might be able to see where this note is heading and if you are thinking correctly you will know that I am informing you all that I am no longer associated with the band and have left the ranks of DIMMU BORGIR effective immediately.

"My departure was not entirely of my own accord and while I had felt this change was something imminent for my future, my time had been spent addressing the fact that many songs written by me had not been registered properly under my name in their credits. Without naming every single track, let us just say that a good majority of albums like 'Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia' and 'In Sorte Diaobli' would have been vastly different had I not composed and created as much as I actually did. Sadly, based on terrible gaps in the communication process and a failure to find logical rationale for why this had been done this way found me hitting wall after wall as opposed to finding a professional and reasonable solution to the problem. My inquiries and investigation into the issues which I wished to resolve and move on from would in the end find me being fired from the group. No discussions about it, just 'goodbye' (via text message).

"I can say to you that this was not a new dispute and is something that has been going on for some years and since these are my individual creative rights and work that are being denied of me, we shall now let the resolution come from the lawyers instead of dealing with more dishonesty and lies on a one-on-one personal level. On this I cannot say anymore because we will be walking into sticky legal territory.

"I mentioned earlier that my fans have motivated me to create great music again and again and they should know that I will continue to do this and shall return to them in the not-too-distant future with material that I hope will keep their metal needs fed.

"In advance, I will say that I thank you for notes and texts of support and ask that you please understand that there is not much more I can say on this, nor will be able to answer every single message that I get. I ask you to please keep tabs on my official MySpace page. I will do my best to post what I am legally allowed to share with you so you remain informed."

So Mustis got fired via SMS? pretty gay if you ask me

you know maybe the lawyers asked Silenoz to avoid any convo with Mustis from a certain point that would explain such a ''cold'' firing way after 10years of totally successful association, a case of 'everything you say might be held against ya'

Else, its just a fucking lack of respect

Via SMS?
I know a bitch who dumped me like that. :D
But anyway, sad that it has to end that way, with all that legal shit and the previously mentioned way of firing.

Meh. I guess they had their reasons, but I still think it sucks.

Vortex has a awesome voice and stage performance but don't know if he was a creative force in the band...

Mustis was an important creative force so a future album will be "harmed" (thanks babelfish :worship:) surely... buuuut also read in other forums what supernova says: maybe it's time for Galder to take an important place...

but since i've never listened to Old man's child, maybe you can recommend me some album :D:D:lol::lol::kickass:

imo last dimmu albums aren't goods as PEM and SBD wich are my favourites

i'm only sure of this

Vortex: resurrect ARCTURUS!!! :kickass:

Incomming St Svart album ?

Seriously what the fuck is it with metal bands turning into pussy shit acts of greed and hunger for money and fame. They all seem to forget that it's not about the money but the music. Destroy the creative force behind your band and you're fucked.

Metallica> sure let's kick out Jason Newsted , and after realising what a creative force he was beg for him to come back. Result ST anger.

Cradle Of Filth> What band? It's only the fricking midget with the vocal effects.

Fear Factory> Oh jeez what a load of shit throwing for no reason.

"I realize I have never should been born
In this world, where money talks " <<<Thanks Peter! ^^

Anyways to conclude all this. Let Dimmu die and rest in piece it's been one hell of a ride but ever since Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia it has become a band of massive fail.

Oh and yeah i seriously hope that Vortex will bring back Arcturus

Skanmar : Dude about Dimmu, I agree In sorte diablo is not that good, but for fucks sake, Death Cult Armageddon is beyond good. Dimmu aint dead yet. as I said, the next album will decide their fate.

Dib:
but since i've never listened to Old man's child, maybe you can recommend me some album

all of em :p
if you wanna pick one first, try IN DEFIANCE OF EXISTANCE 2003

Vortex has a awesome voice and stage performance but don't know if he was a creative force in the band...

when I saw dimmu in 2008, Vortex sucked, he was pissed as fuck and left the stage like 10 times during the gig, I dont find that that awesome...

a little off topic:

an interview with Hellhammer for sickdrummermagazine.com :

SDM: How did you manage to balance playing in Mortem and Mayhem at the same time? How did you feel when Arcturus broke up?

Hammer: The break-up of Arcturus was a spur of the moment kind of thing. Because of Vortex in Dimmu Borgir, mainly. So we just announced it on the last day in Australia, "This is the last circuit of Arcturus!", and the other members were like, "Is it?". Arcturus will get back together again with or without Vortex. We've already talked to Garm, and he is eager to do it, so there will be more Arcturus for sure, we just need to get our stuff together, and get the right scheduling together.

wake up Vortex!

:OMG::yow::worship:kickass:

Dib:
but since i've never listened to Old man's child, maybe you can recommend me some album

all of em :p
if you wanna pick one first, try IN DEFIANCE OF EXISTANCE 2003

i'm listening to it!!... awesome!!! i'll search for other album, any recomendation?... surely will buy some of them

when I saw dimmu in 2008, Vortex sucked, he was pissed as fuck and left the stage like 10 times during the gig, I dont find that that awesome...

surely not... i've seen only video bootlegs and the world misanthropy dvd and Vortex performance was great there :Smokin:

Im probly gonna get shot for saying this, but Dimmu bullshit is too laim. as Fenriz(Darkthrone) says, "Its Glam black metal" and nothing more.

this doesnt deserve to get shot for
just being ignored
as thousands of people already manifested such a behaviour towards Dimmu because so few have been able to reach even half of what they musically accomplished
and Darkthrone, even though I enjoy them, are 'The ramones'' of extreme metal, which means success without talent.