SPLATT MARSHALL 1960 IMPULSES nice!

reneisgod

Rene
Aug 28, 2006
Scotland
en-gb.facebook.com
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1008186/splatt.rar

these r old school and i doubt alot of people have even got these so ill put them up for sharing.

splatt:
The impulse files sound nearly identical to the miced cab at medium to low volumes. The 5150 doesn't really need much work, it sounds pretty G.D. good on its own. It does have a fat overdrive that I don't really like though, thus the use of the Double Drive OD pedal. I'm not really adding gain, just more midrange to the pre-EQ. It adds a lot of definition. A lot like the tube screamer, but somewhat different tone. I think I used two different mic placement impulses on that and then EQ'ed them together with a Waves Q10. One was the 57 C12_02 impulse (center of cone, top speaker) and the other was on axis, 3 inches to the side (57 +3_00 impulse).

The +0 or +1 at the beginning of the file name is distance from the grill. The +1, +2 or +3 after the name is the distance left or right from center. If there's a 'B' in the file name, it means bottom speaker. A lot more low end in those.

You'll notice that you'll need to either subtract a lot of low end or boost the mids and highs to get the impulses to sit in the mix just right. Palm mutes will yield huge dynamic swings at around 125HZ that are horrible for mixing with other instruments.

3 years is a long time man, i still listen to your songs on soundclick, me and my girl love um. Misplaced Experts is awesome i mind way back listening to that when u posted the 1st version.

I think i used to talk to you regarding pod tones n stuff years back too.

I always kept these impulse files they have life and bring out the high end well, i find most other impulses lifeless and dead to be honest, i've never used impulses for a proper recording but always use ur impulses when it gets kinda late and i cant blast through my cab at night.

anyways im sure a'lot of people here have never tried these and will like em alot.

actually, anyone going to record some clips with these?