Spock's Beard: Better without that Neal Morse Douche?

Poison Godmachine

Atheistic Existentialist
Feb 3, 2002
Berklee College of Music
Visit site
I bought Spock's Beard "Snow" and I couldn't stand it. I mean, I really hated it. For some reason I bought the new one, "Feel Euphoria", and I actually think it's pretty damn good. Anyone else agree? Still a little too poppy for me at times but there are some great moments. No idea how they plan on touring with thier drummer as the singer now, but he does much better than Neal did.

Smitty said:
SB without Morse ISN'T the same... it was SOOOO much better with Morse.

SB without Morse isn't SB, period. The new album doesn't even come close to what the band has done with Neal. They sound as if they have no direction, no focus, and,(most importantly) no heart in what they're doing. All the soul left with Neal. They're just going through the motions and making music by numbers at this point.

It's Genesis post-Gabriel all over again, in many ways.

Haven't heard it yet, but I've liked everything from Spock's Beard so far. EXCEPT a majority of Snow. Good god that album was rotten. The storyline was seriously the most unoriginal thing I've ever read. It's Powder all over again!! And what the fuck is up with the grundgy tracks? They're awful. And "Freak Boy" makes me cringe. Oooo and the "cool, young, hip" parts. GAG!!!!!! "Looks like I'm hangin' with these dudes tonight?????" GO DIE!!1 His powers aren't even well explained! Despite alllllll of that, I look forward to hearing Feel Euphoria, and V owns!