spontanious eruption into song

Zehm

Aug 3, 2008
North Carolina
last night some friends of mine and i were hanging out, watching master and commander. the clock struck midnight making it the 4th of July(independance day, what you brits call thanksgiving) our friend jason's girlfriend (who none of us really like) says "today's my birthday!" to which my friend joe (the marine) snaps "you know what's more important? the birthday of the United Fucking States of America! self centered bitch!" at that very moment, the entire room spontainiously breaks into a chorus of "my country tis of thee." it was magical.

I was in Prague on the fourth, we were all hanging out in our hotel room, and seeing as how we couldn't blow shit up we sang the Star Spangled Banner, God Bless America, and other patriotic songs to the disdain of people in other rooms.

I'm pretty sure we call it Independence Day, but that no-one over here gives a toss... I thought Thanksgiving was near Christmas? I've seen Planes, Trains and Automobiles and it's all snowy...

again, it was a joke. my dad used to work with a british guy who said. "independance day? we call that thanksgiving. you never kicked us out, we were glad to be rid of you" or something to the effect. not serious, very toungue in cheek.