SSD multi outs help please

mickrich

Aug 2, 2007
I am trying to set up multi outs on SSD to get kick, snare toms etc to different outputs but am seriously lost.
I have set up a 16 stereo out Kontakt 5 plugin and loaded SSD thick metal kit.
The available outputs are incomprehensible !
Please somebody explain how I can get kick to 1-2 snare to 3-4, toms to 5-6, ohs to 7-8 and room to 9-10.
I just can't figure it out.
It's simple on Superior but Kontakt has me baffled.:loco:
Thanks in advance.

The rooms come in auxes that you have to route in the mixer page of kontakt ( at least in version 4)
In the mixer page you can set every channel to a daw input. And each instrument will have the audiochannel you send it to, below the midi channel I think

I am trying to set up multi outs on SSD to get kick, snare toms etc to different outputs but am seriously lost.
I have set up a 16 stereo out Kontakt 5 plugin and loaded SSD thick metal kit.
The available outputs are incomprehensible !
Please somebody explain how I can get kick to 1-2 snare to 3-4, toms to 5-6, ohs to 7-8 and room to 9-10.
I just can't figure it out.
It's simple on Superior but Kontakt has me baffled.:loco:
Thanks in advance.

What DAW?
I could upload a template from Reaper, if that's what you use!

Thanks very much guys.
I got it sorted even though the output names are very unintuitive.
I might upgrade to SSD4 (from 3.5) to get the new SSD player.
Kontakt is really awkward for me.

Can't read the thread but basically from what I remember the numbers are the channels, the first stereo channel would be 1/2 (1 on the left, 2 on the right) etc that you need to select in the SSD kontak internal mixer at the bottom of every channelstrip. Then those signals are sent to your daw to the corresponding channels output of this vsti, it's now up to you to make them audible in the Daw by sending them to individual tracks.

You could use only 1 channel maybe for every source that is mono only. I think I didn't care and mapped 2 by 2 the outputs to reaper.