Stage Presence!!

Stage presence is a combination of a few things, but for me it really just comes down to overall body language and physical communication of the music to the audience.

I absolutely love the music that NeO plays, and when performing I just try to show and communicate that to the audience. Being a violinist I can't move around too much when I'm playing as otherwise it negatively effects my sound, so my presence is definitely a bit different to a normal metal guy on stage. But I am happy being a bit different. I am just myself, and whilst some people won't connect with that, hopefully that will mean others will connect with it even more.

A lot of bands just head bang and go through the motions, and it might look cool, but there isn't really much emotion in their body language meaning that for me it doesn't come off as great stage presence.

Opeth don't really move around at all live and to some might have a boring stage presence, but then at the same time when I watch that type of music I am happy just to be seeing all the songs performed live and I'm not really look for them to start going crazy. (Plus, in the acoustic passages, stage presence is a lot more subtle and you aren't looking for big movements, just positive body language)

Dillinger Escape Plan for me are the epitomy of amazing stage presence. Hugely intense music, and a hugely intense emotional stage presence. You can not only hear the intensity in the music, but you can see it all over the band members movements and body language. That combined with how incredibly tight they are makes them one of my favourite live bands.

Anyone can see how much you lads love doing what you do. That's all it takes for me.
Besides, if you all started a synchronised windmill I'd probably laugh hysterically, which would lead to spilling my beer. Bad juju.

A lot of bands just head bang and go through the motions, and it might look cool, but there isn't really much emotion in their body language meaning that for me it doesn't come off as great stage presence.

Dillinger Escape Plan for me are the epitomy of amazing stage presence. Hugely intense music, and a hugely intense emotional stage presence. You can not only hear the intensity in the music, but you can see it all over the band members movements and body language. That combined with how incredibly tight they are makes them one of my favourite live bands.

could not agree more.. the energy DEP bring is second to none.

I just like to see the band having a good time and truly enjoying their music and connecting with the audience.

I think over the top stage presence is only really necessary when the music is boring. I saw Emery a couple of years ago, and I thought they were awesome because they were jumping off shit and going nuts, then when I had time to think I realized the sound was really, really poor and it was a cruddy performance. Unless you need to distract me from the quality of the music, presence (I just wrote presents) isn't important for me. Look like you're enjoying it and I'll be satisfied.

I also support Tim's dancing.
and whilst I think of it, a friend of ours said he'd be gay for Benji in about 2 seconds flat, so he's doing something right.

There is something wrong with you, but admitting you have a problem is the first step, so well done.

Stage presence is difficult to really pin down, and different things will suit different bands. DEP do have that stunning energy - but that goes well with their music. As has been pointed out, seeing a band having a good time and enjoying what they're doing goes a long way.
Overall I think NeO have a good stage presence, and better than most bands I've seen recently. The exception that comes to mind would be In Malice's Wake: first time I saw them they just exuded that "born to be on stage" aura. But arguably their music tends to more fun and lively fair, whereas NeO just gives you that special feeling...

It tends to be a subjective thing, too. What the aforementioned girls found "boring", I found to be absolutely wonderful. To each their own.

I must admit, NeO's overall stage presence has increased seven fold since Benji's inclusion.

I suppose once benji got doin the geetar shuffle dance, it kinda fires up the other members, get the lads thrusting