*Your Favorite Anthrax singer*

I must say I like Joey the best. Even though a lot of people seem to be annoyed by his vocals I really like his style, and personality wise he just seemed to be a nice, humble, easygoing (albeit kinda dorky :p) dude.

Oh yeah, and I really liked his vocals on Metal Thrashing Mad. :/ More power metal-y, but awesome. He NEVER pulled off Deathrider, though. All the live performances of him doing that song paled in comparison to Neil Turbin's version imo.

I like Joey a lot but only with the older material, and I like Bush a lot with the newer material (only SOWN and Stomp however). Out of the 2 I prefer Joeys vocals but with that goes the old songs I absolutely love.

The new guy? Not a big fan.

I didn't want to get into this again, but oh well. I became an Anthrax fans while Joey was the singer. When John became the singer, Anthrax ceased to be a just a band that I liked, they became my favorite band, period.

My old fart ass only knows Belladonna. After that who cares...Hey, what ever happened to Bill Milano? anyone remember S.O.D. ?? I know about the M.O.D. But the origional was the bestest.

JOHN BUSH took them over the edge and quite frankly, the tunes he was part of with ANTHRAX were more solid musically than almost all others from the other vocalists, in my opinion...

I would have LOVED to hear JB sing SKELETONS in the CLOSET!

I cannot freaking stand Bush singing in Anthrax.

His voice sounds like Seattle grunge of the 90's...like a mix of Eddie Vedder and Kurt Cobain or something. It does NOT go with Heavy Metal.

I just picked up "The Greater of Two Evils" (someone stole a couple of my CD's, so I just wanted to get a greatest hits deal)...and I didn't know the songs on there were sung by Bush. UGH!! The music is crunching, but his vocals kill it for me.

I can appreciate Bush's vocals for what they are, but they do not go with Anthrax riffs.

Honestly, I don't know how they can go from writing some of the best chugging thrash riffs of all time to this hard rock crap they put out now. Did they just forget to write catchy metal or what?

Belladona was awesome.

His voice sounds like Seattle grunge of the 90's...like a mix of Eddie Vedder and Kurt Cobain or something. It does NOT go with Heavy Metal.

Yeah, John Bush has been singing in Heavy Metal bands since the early 80’s, just as long as Anthrax has existed. Metallica during their musical apex of their Thrash days in the 80’s wanted to make him the singer and have James just play guitar, yet yeah his voice doesn’t go with metal.

Yeah, thank you for playing, but no, you lose.

I lose?

I lose what? For having an opinion?

Is it any wonder Anthrax went from Metal gods to virtually non-existant once Bush came in? They are nowhere on the metal map now except for die hards (ie you).

I don't know who writes the songs, but they were at the top of their game on Persistance of time...what happened? Did they just all in a sudden stop being able to write great thrash?

Seems like a pretty big coincidence to me.

Like I said, I can appreciate his voice, but it just doesn't work with thrash. Maybe it works for some other metal lol....but definitely not the awesome mosh riffs Anthrax used to churn out.

Yeah, John Bush has been singing in Heavy Metal bands since the early 80’s, just as long as Anthrax has existed. Metallica during their musical apex of their Thrash days in the 80’s wanted to make him the singer and have James just play guitar, yet yeah his voice doesn’t go with metal.

Yeah, thank you for playing, but no, you lose.

His voice has changed since his (fucking amazing) Armoured Saint days.
He was an amazing singer back in the day, but the fact that he changed his vocal style upon his arrival in the band, and the fact that Anthrax were in the the process of changing their musical style, moving on even more from PoT, it just didn't work for some people.

Although Joey is the better singer, Bush is the better Anthrax singer. I prefer the Bush era songwriting, though.

Hey 6er.....why the turnabout these days? Is it because after you (Scott) were turned down by Bush, you have to retract what you said......and BTW, what EXACTLY does your above statement mean? And why are you so gung-ho on Joey now, and not John's supporter anymore? Because he told you (Scott) to take a flying LEAP!

John Bush is the fucking man, and always will be. No disrespect to anyone else, but John simply has the coolest voice in metal, and is a nice, down to earth no-bullshit type of guy as well.
I can't rate Dan Nelson, I haven't heard anything but some bad bootlegs. But John is and always will be Anthrax's singer, to me.

"We needed a lion not a bird " Bush is the Fucking Man. :worship: