Stair lighting/tape

Hey. Maybe this year I'll "slip" and fall. Then next year I will own Center Stage, and Glenn can do whatever he wants with the festival. The stairs will be lighted, there will be Guinness, there will be plenty of food with a short wait in the restaurant, and I won't have to pay for drinks. :headbang:

Hey! Thanks for thinking of me early in the list! Love ya!

If Center Stage is considered to be in the heart of the "Manhattan of the South" and is looking to draw an elite clientle willing to pay $200-$500 bucks a night for nice place to stay next to the venue, then I would hope that Center Stage would have addressed the stair issue by now. Ligthing the stairs is such an easy way to attempt to prevent a potential lawsuit. It will be almost unfathomable if the sitation has not been remedied this year given the new corporate investors in the venue.

One would think... however, given my new intimacy with the apparent new sponsor, don't hold your breath. :p

Shaye

Oh yay -it's my favorite PP thread!!!!

I will be around on Wednesday and will try to get there before JOP plays - I'll gladly help put the tape down!

I really appreciate the thought and volunteering for this. However, I think it would be prudent to ask the promoter when and how many will be allowed inside to work on this.

Thanks everyone for you offers of help, but to make things easier for Glenn, I have agreed to take care of taping the stairs and railings this year. As usual, I'll be at the venue early Thursday morning with the rest of the crew to help during move-in and will be spending the entire day at the venue assisting the crew as well as getting some candid behind-the-scenes photos. There will be plenty of time for me to "git 'er done".

Thanks again!

I owe you a beer (hey it's cheaper than a trip to the hospital).

Holler if you need help once you get started and realize it may be too big a job or something. I can PM you my cell phone - as I'm sure others can if ya need it.

You RAWK :headbang:
jeff

Thanks everyone for you offers of help, but to make things easier for Glenn, I have agreed to take care of taping the stairs and railings this year. As usual, I'll be at the venue early Thursday morning with the rest of the crew to help during move-in and will be spending the entire day at the venue assisting the crew as well as getting some candid behind-the-scenes photos. There will be plenty of time for me to "git 'er done".

Thanks again!

THANK YOU!!! So very much. :worship:

Again, if you do end up needing help, I will be at the venue Friday morning and will me more than willing to stay and help finish up.

Thanks again!

Thank you Fiddler!!!

As a show of gratitude for the overwhelming support and concern from the forum family regarding getting my arse to the show, I hereby nominate myself as the first one to be called in for extra assistance in taping! Ya'll helped me, I'll help by not having you bust your ass on the bottom step! haha!

But seriously...

Thanks again!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

The stair taping was awesome and so much easier to navigate. You are a life saver. :headbang:

I appreciate you! And anyone else that helped!

Thanks again!

I appreciated it SO much! I'm a klutz on a flat surface in a well-lit room... and the tape (and the amount of tape and the items taped!) made my life much easier. For once, other than jumping around during the PPIX announcement, I didn't hurt myself!

I was more than happy to tape the stairs Thursday. Glad to hear everyone thought is was helpful. I had to laugh when I arrived in the venue - about 1/2 of the tape we put down last year was still there! Apparently the folks who run the venue found it helpful enough that they chose to leave it in place for over a year. :lol:

I was more than happy to tape the stairs Thursday. Glad to hear everyone thought is was helpful. I had to laugh when I arrived in the venue - about 1/2 of the tape we put down last year was still there! Apparently the folks who run the venue found it helpful enough that they chose to leave it in place for over a year. :lol:

:lol: :lol: Now that's funny! See, why would they go to all the trouble to put in lights when they have an annual taping crew? haha!

Thank you so much! This was the best tape-job yet! :headbang: :lol: