Stambaugh Designs guitars ?

as a regular member over on talkbass.com I read a lot threads concerning stambaugh basses.
at the time I was trying to deciding on my new custom bass. it was a hard decision between stambaugh basses and clif bordwell basses (cbbasses.com) because both seemed to be awesome.
I ended up ordering a cb bass because the waiting time was shorter and I liked the design better. cliff bordwell also builds guitars now so you might want to give it a shot.
cb basses are the most incredible instruments I've ever laid hands on and the craftmanship is wow.

good luck

oh, and be advised not to buy custom instruments unless you're absolutely sure that you know what you want.

Hi claypoo !
I am also a member of TB, i know about Stambaugh designs from that forum :)
Thanks for pointing me to cbbasses, but on his web page i did not see anything about guitars.
About the options: i don't want to "reinvent" the guitar, just want a very good craftmanship and some little options, nothing special.

Hi claypoo !
I am also a member of TB, i know about Stambaugh designs from that forum :)
Thanks for pointing me to cbbasses, but on his web page i did not see anything about guitars.
About the options: i don't want to "reinvent" the guitar, just want a very good craftmanship and some little options, nothing special.

hey fello tb'ler,

yeah well, I'm not really sure cliff offers to do guitars on a regular basis now but in the club bordwell thread over on talkbass, there was some talk about it and also a picture of one guitar's headstock. what I know is that cliff also offers to do custom designs and he's a pleasure to deal with.

good luck.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/club-bordwell-part-2-a-590667/index41.html